The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shield Tech Builds?

Wind_Chaser

What are some good specs out there for ST? Looking for some decent damage and some utility/survivability.

Looking to be more of a damage dealer, but Pyro and AP were too meh to me.

Honestly, whether you are going pvp or pve, there is no ST build that will make you a good damage dealer. ST is purrely a tanking tree and (in pve anyways) any form of a hybrid build just weakens our tanking survivability due to the loss of the top tier talents. If you want to tank and be all about dps, you are looking at the wrong class truthfully. This is of course purely my own opinion and not the end all be all.

I leveled as AP, using Mako almost exclusively, and melted almost everything that I faced. If you want to live forever as a tank, then you either use Mako to ensure it or gear up enough to where you can have a dps companion out to do the killing for you.

What are some good specs out there for ST? Looking for some decent damage and some utility/survivability.

Looking to be more of a damage dealer, but Pyro and AP were too meh to me.

Hello, very simply done until 2.0 comes out then its all ruined.

Right you go full AP all the way to immolate, since you will be useing the tanking cylinder (ion) leave the buffs to the AP cylinder out of your setup.

Then go 8 points into tanking, 3 on flame damage, 2 on flame debuff, 1 point into cylinder slow, 2 points into cylinder proc on rocket punch.

You will now have 2 points left, you can get 8% more damage on rocket punch, you can get some damage on railshot or you can get 16% more armor out of your armor (I personally go for the last).

Anyway put your PVP-DPS gear on, you are now able to take a rather substantial beating, you have a potent flamethrower and some potent damage (NOT THE BEST) but high enough to deal with most classes if not all. You will now be debuffing people with your AOE attack and you will be able to guard a healer as a side reward for going all tanky and what not.

I personally run this AP setup... dont know why i bothered to share it ... I guess for the last few days it is around everyone should see the joy of the AP/SHIELD......... wall of useless text terminated...........

/Gajol

Hello, very simply done until 2.0 comes out then its all ruined.

Right you go full AP all the way to immolate, since you will be useing the tanking cylinder (ion) leave the buffs to the AP cylinder out of your setup.

Then go 8 points into tanking, 3 on flame damage, 2 on flame debuff, 1 point into cylinder slow, 2 points into cylinder proc on rocket punch.

You will now have 2 points left, you can get 8% more damage on rocket punch, you can get some damage on railshot or you can get 16% more armor out of your armor (I personally go for the last).

Anyway put your PVP-DPS gear on, you are now able to take a rather substantial beating, you have a potent flamethrower and some potent damage (NOT THE BEST) but high enough to deal with most classes if not all. You will now be debuffing people with your AOE attack and you will be able to guard a healer as a side reward for going all tanky and what not.

I personally run this AP setup... dont know why i bothered to share it ... I guess for the last few days it is around everyone should see the joy of the AP/SHIELD......... wall of useless text terminated...........

/Gajol

Thanks! That sounds like it was a lot of fun and what I was looking for. Too bad it's getting destroyed I guess lol.