The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

You guys blow my mind...

Megatfx

"Let's stand up and be heard"

"Dusted off my PT... then saw 2.0 changes"

and all of those threads subsequent replies. WHY DO YOU GIVE A RATS BOTTOM ABOUT ADVANCED PROTOTYPE? They destroyed the Pyro tree and all you guys are crying about is the crappy AP spec that was still crappy in 2.0.

Why couldn't you be happy with the fact that we had an amazing DPS tree, which is better than most classes have? They nerf the most annoying and unrewarding spec and all you care about is Advanced Prototype. How about the 50% CGC nerf and the fact that Thermal Detonator hits/crits for about the same amount of damage as Explosive Dart.

Yes, cry about Advanced Prototype a WHOLE bunch and ignore Pyro completely. It is the lowest DPS spec in the game come 2.0 and Advanced Prototype WILL ALWAYS SUCK IN PVP. Why? Because of the fact that it has 2 abilities that require a 4 meter range to maximize your DPS.

Come 2.0 I have to quit anyway due to military obligations, but you FEW who love to play that melee spec are ruining it for ALL Powertechs.

Pyro is dead 2.0.

Except that the AP spec is viable for huttball as it has immunity to roots, as well as in combat speed increases both passive and by using the hydraulic overrides. (gives immunity to roots/knockbacks and a speed increase as well.)

So it doesn't suck in pvp, unless you're a scrap fanatic and all you do is fight not help the team and the objective. I do also believe there is some hybrid tank/AP spec that is amazing for huttball carrying.

"Let's stand up and be heard"

"Dusted off my PT... then saw 2.0 changes"

and all of those threads subsequent replies. WHY DO YOU GIVE A RATS BOTTOM ABOUT ADVANCED PROTOTYPE? They destroyed the Pyro tree and all you guys are crying about is the crappy AP spec that was still crappy in 2.0.

Why couldn't you be happy with the fact that we had an amazing DPS tree, which is better than most classes have? They nerf the most annoying and unrewarding spec and all you care about is Advanced Prototype. How about the 50% CGC nerf and the fact that Thermal Detonator hits/crits for about the same amount of damage as Explosive Dart.

Yes, cry about Advanced Prototype a WHOLE bunch and ignore Pyro completely. It is the lowest DPS spec in the game come 2.0 and Advanced Prototype WILL ALWAYS SUCK IN PVP. Why? Because of the fact that it has 2 abilities that require a 4 meter range to maximize your DPS.

Come 2.0 I have to quit anyway due to military obligations, but you FEW who love to play that melee spec are ruining it for ALL Powertechs.

Pyro is dead 2.0.

I run Pyro on live for PVE (I don't PVP). I love it, because I love playing as Powertech. I also love the AP tree, mainly because Immolate is *********** ****** looking.

I've voiced my disdain with the CGC nerf, and that even with the new DoT attached to TD, it still sucks for PVE Pyro's to take.

PT DPS is in the can right now for PVE come 2.0. Head class balance dev doesn't seem to think so according to the post we got yesterday, but it really is. Most of us are jumping onto the "fix AP ship" because the nerfs to that spec were so confusing. I highly doubt they will revert the changes they've made to Pyro, but I'm hoping they change stuff back for AP so at least one of our trees will be viable for PVE raiding...because right now, only thing I can do is tank.

Except that the AP spec is viable for huttball as it has immunity to roots, as well as in combat speed increases both passive and by using the hydraulic overrides. (gives immunity to roots/knockbacks and a speed increase as well.)

So it doesn't suck in pvp, unless you're a scrap fanatic and all you do is fight not help the team and the objective. I do also believe there is some hybrid tank/AP spec that is amazing for huttball carrying.

No it is not viable in Huttball because of Hydraulic Overrides. That doesn't make the spec viable, Powertechs are brought for damage, not for ball carrying. Just because the spec has Hydraulic Overrides doesn't mean every PT should be like "Huttball time to change to AP because it's better". That never happens in competitive matches, you know why? Because AP sucks in PVP. In fact Huttball compounds AP's issue of requiring melee range even more so.

Because Pyro was easy and boring and was dominant for so long. some of us took the time and patience to get skilled at AP enough to be able to compete and win in PvP. We care because they took what is a FUN and skill-based spec that was already sub-par and made it even worse.

You wanna keep playing easy street cookie cutter pyro? Go ahead dude. but don't expect me to give a **** when my favorite spec in the game gets **** on. (AP).

The fact that you expect us AP's to just sit back, let our spec get shat on even further, and support you and your previously OP spec boggles my mind. ALL specs of a class should be viable. Players should be able to have a choice in how and what they play.

Then you have the nerve to blame US for Powertechs getting **** on? **** you, dude. I respect that you serve, but I honestly you don't return to this game, because your attitude freaking blows.

Edited by KainrycKarr

Seriously, why do you care if we play and like advanced prototype anyway? Its our decision, not yours. Are your raging because we have our own opinions? Lol.

I'm not happy that they nerfed pyro either, but I don't play that spec. I have no authority to comment on it whatsoever. I played Advanced Prototype and Shield tech (when I was leveling, anyway), so that's why I supported those specs as much as I could. With all due respect, if you don't like it, too bad.

Furthermore, because there is so much anti-pyro and anti-assault sentiment on these forums due to butthurt players who could not counter them, Pyro/Assault will never be buffed again. Or at least not for the foreseeable future. Whether we like it or not, I think that if Powertechs and Vanguard dpsers want to be viable again, it will probably come through the AP/Tactics specs.

Its the same thing as why assassin dpsers cried at the begining of the pts testing. They were weak, but the tank tree was still as powerful as ever. Why not just make all assassins tanks? Because some people prefer to damage on an assassin. So excuse us if we wanted to see a cool spec be as potent as it is fun.

The amount of bads that post on these forums are unreal. all these idiots who play shieldtech or advanced prototype in pvp is hilarious. they nerf to combust was too much, on top of that, the thermal detenator nerf that takes away pt burst. ahh well, back to tab dotting, were just a close range lethality sniper with no dmg now.

The amount of bads that post on these forums are unreal. all these idiots who play shieldtech or advanced prototype in pvp is hilarious. they nerf to combust was too much, on top of that, the thermal detenator nerf that takes away pt burst. ahh well, back to tab dotting, were just a close range lethality sniper with no dmg now.

LOL where have u been??? that role is already taken by the leth operatives