The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I have some twi'lek lore questions

lokdron

So I wanted to know more about twi'leks since they are my favourite race in swtor.

Now my questions

Ok I am not clear on some things Lethan Twi'leks are twi'leks that have a red like coloration. Right? So does pink and orange twi'leks fall under Lethan?

Cause on the wookiepedia page the profile picture for the Lethan twi'lek looks a bit orange and they file yadira ban under lethan and yet she is pink. So I am wondering does lethan mean red twi'leks only or twi'leks with red coloration?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lethan

Second question I got a male twi'lek body type 2 one thing I am struggling with is picking a body type for my female twi'lek sith warrior I see most twi'leks in the game have body type 1 and looking at darth talon she kinda looks body type 1 looking at her pictures.

I want a twi'lek body size thats more lore accurate.

Edited by lokdron

First question, don't know.

Second question, Twi'lek lore is a bit questionable at the moment, a lot of earlier lore has been contradicted, and nobody has written new lore to cover some pieces. The original lore stated that Twi'leks stored fat in the lekku (head tails) and couldn't get fat, however the game has fat Twi'leks and they are now Canon. So any body type you can make would be technically ok under the new canon.

First question, don't know.

Second question, Twi'lek lore is a bit questionable at the moment, a lot of earlier lore has been contradicted, and nobody has written new lore to cover some pieces. The original lore stated that Twi'leks stored fat in the lekku (head tails) and couldn't get fat, however the game has fat Twi'leks and they are now Canon. So any body type you can make would be technically ok under the new canon.

On free ta. Fattest senator in history....

Just sayin'

But yes. I do believe Lethan twi'leks can be Pink/Orane/Red, not just red...

On free ta. Fattest senator in history....

Just sayin'

But yes. I do believe Lethan twi'leks can be Pink/Orane/Red, not just red...

It would make sense. Just look at human skin colors. At the two extremes, you have pasty white Vikings and on the other side of the spectrum, midnight black tribes from the heart of Africa. But humans intermingle, and our gene pool allows for a wide variety of skin shadings to emerge.

Pink Twi'leks would probably just be related to the Red ones, and maybe to the Blue Twi'leks as well. I'm not sure how Twi'lek genetics work, if it's more like mixing paints or colored light (additive/subtractive blending) but that would be an interesting question to look into. What skin tones are dominant in Twi'leks? Eye colors?

• 2 months later...
It's my understanding that red Twi'leks are ultra-rare. Some early lore (can't remember if canon or fanon at the moment) had red Twi'leks as being the equivalent of albinos--holding recessive genes that could appear in children no matter what color their parents were.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I read in my book of Essential Guide to Alien Species, "red" IS supposed to be ultra rare. Also the coloration may play a part in temperament such as aggression in the red-hued Twi'leks.

I also thought Yuthara Ban from KoTOR was purple. Oh well. I noticed that in the color pallet for Twi'lek skin colors in SWTOR, purple was not available. That kinda bothered me. Also in KoTOR II, when Atton Rand confronts the Twin Suns, the Twi'lek chicks had black or gray skin. I wish that was available as well.

As far as appearance preferences go, I like an average to better than average body shape to my toons, both male and female. I cannot remember the numbers: 1 or 2 for the females shapes and 3 or 4 for the males. Not too short and skinny, but certainly not overweight.

From what I read in my book of Essential Guide to Alien Species, "red" IS supposed to be ultra rare. Also the coloration may play a part in temperament such as aggression in the red-hued Twi'leks.

I also thought Yuthara Ban from KoTOR was purple. Oh well. I noticed that in the color pallet for Twi'lek skin colors in SWTOR, purple was not available. That kinda bothered me. Also in KoTOR II, when Atton Rand confronts the Twin Suns, the Twi'lek chicks had black or gray skin. I wish that was available as well.

As far as appearance preferences go, I like an average to better than average body shape to my toons, both male and female. I cannot remember the numbers: 1 or 2 for the females shapes and 3 or 4 for the males. Not too short and skinny, but certainly not overweight.

Make 4 is the fat one... I believe you mean 2 and 3 for male, the huge body builder look and the normal, athletic look

I love the twi'lek race!! I was the first twi'lek jedi on Bloodfin SWG server. I was a lot of different colors but when I finished my temp and started to PVP I was bright yellow with white cloths. I try to always pick the color closest to yellow, on here it's kind of greenish yellow, but I still like it.