Level 20 and 40 PvP gear in 2.0

ebado

Rob Hinkle dropped us this note shortly after PTS opened:

We should be able to keep this gear available, if you guys want it. Obviously we already had thrown the note up without removing the gear, but I don't think the intention in removing the gear was anything other than just to try to clean up some of the extra vendors in the fleet. Since you can now trade in Warzone Commendations for the new Planetary Commendation and get leveling gear that way, we didn't feel like the 20/40 gear had a need.

I'll double check with the items guys to make sure there wasn't another reason we wanted to remove them.

I was wondering if any headway had been made regarding this. Most of us are concerned with the gear appearances more than anything, it seems (same with Tionese / Columi / Rakata stuff). The red and white level 40 BH set is one of the best armor sets in the game.

I'm more concerned about it because a PVPer is required to earn valor Lv 40 before they're eligible to convert WZ commendations into RWZ commendations. Add to that the ridiculous cap on the number of commendations that can be accumulated, and the lack of useful items that can actually be purchased with WZ commendations and you have serious depreciation in the value of PVPing prior to getting to level cap. If 20/40 armor is removed, the only thing left to use our commendations for are HP pots and adrenals. Hardly a step forward, IMO.

I'm more concerned about it because a PVPer is required to earn valor Lv 40 before they're eligible to convert WZ commendations into RWZ commendations. Add to that the ridiculous cap on the number of commendations that can be accumulated, and the lack of useful items that can actually be purchased with WZ commendations and you have serious depreciation in the value of PVPing prior to getting to level cap. If 20/40 armor is removed, the only thing left to use our commendations for are HP pots and adrenals. Hardly a step forward, IMO.

You can convert WZ comms to planetary comms while leveling at a rate of 40 to 1 in 2.0. It actually gives you access to more gear more frequently and is cheaper (PvP weapons cost 900 on live but only 560 WZ comms converted to 14 planetary comms in 2.0).

You can convert WZ comms to planetary comms while leveling at a rate of 40 to 1 in 2.0. It actually gives you access to more gear more frequently and is cheaper (PvP weapons cost 900 on live but only 560 WZ comms converted to 14 planetary comms in 2.0).

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming, then, that the cap on planetary commendations will serve as the new restricting factor?

Upgrading my gear was never really an issue, but having 20/40 armor to purchase with WZ commendations was a decent way to spend down my WZ commendations and gear my companions while I leveled valor rank. All my alts are outfitted at level 11 in fully augmented orange/purple armor and weapons, and I craft all my own armorings/mods/enhancements/augments/earpieces/implants.

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming, then, that the cap on planetary commendations will serve as the new restricting factor?

Upgrading my gear was never really an issue, but having 20/40 armor to purchase with WZ commendations was a decent way to spend down my WZ commendations and gear my companions while I leveled valor rank. All my alts are outfitted at level 11 in fully augmented orange/purple armor and weapons, and I craft all my own armorings/mods/enhancements/augments/earpieces/implants.

Um, OK. So now you have more gear and more frequent options for your companions.

------------

Would like to see if we can get an update on this.

I'm curious as well.

Some of the L20 and L40 modable shells were some of my favorite armor in the game. It'd be nice to have a vendor which would still be willing to sell them to us for WZ comms. What else would we spend WZ comms on?

I'm curious as well.

Some of the L20 and L40 modable shells were some of my favorite armor in the game. It'd be nice to have a vendor which would still be willing to sell them to us for WZ comms. What else would we spend WZ comms on?

Any way they can keep them in would be fine for me. I'm getting to the point that I think I should just go ahead and create that Powertech I was saving for Cathar and get the armor now. Would really like an update.

The cap is no longer weekly, so your only restriction is that by the time you get 50 planetary comms, you'll have to buy something before you can earn more. Not a big deal IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm curious as well.

I loved armor coming from level 20/40 pvp vendor, and the exchange from pvp to planetary comms is unfair and the cap is too low give us the lvl 20/40 vendor back . Next time you decide to remove something from the game should be kind to ask to players that play the game and then take decision.:mad:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.