Repeatable Class Story.

Infernixx

I'm not the biggest fan of group content. I'll just throw that out there now.

TOR, thankfully, is very much a solo-player style game with the exception of Heroic Missions and Flash Points, until you reach level cap.

And while I do enjoy the idea of Operations, sometimes I'd like to simply focus on solo efforts to improve my gear set. Makes me feel more in control.

So, with that in mind, I'd like to suggest Repeatable Class Quest content.

It would work like this: Once you complete your Class Quest content and hit lvl 50, you would be able to 'reset' your story content and start over again with Chapter One. The only difference is, you'd already have your companions and the mobs would be lvl 50 mobs and balanced around lvl 50 stats/gear. At specific points, the existing Champ mobs would drop Tier 1 pieces of Operation level gear.

Considering most of the mobs dealing with Class Quests are in instanced zones, it should be able to be implemented without impacting the outer world.

TOR, thankfully, is very much a solo-player style game with the exception of Heroic Missions and Flash Points, until you reach level cap.

And while I do enjoy the idea of Operations, sometimes I'd like to simply focus on solo efforts to improve my gear set. Makes me feel more in control.

It would work like this: Once you complete your Class Quest content and hit lvl 50, you would be able to 'reset' your story content and start over again with Chapter One. The only difference is, you'd already have your companions and the mobs would be lvl 50 mobs and balanced around lvl 50 stats/gear. At specific points, the existing Champ mobs would drop Tier 1 pieces of Operation level gear.

Considering most of the mobs dealing with Class Quests are in instanced zones, it should be able to be implemented without impacting the outer world.

Or you can do operations and get the operations gear. Operations gear is meant for operations. That is why it is called operations gear. I agree, they should allow you to play through the story again, but dropping operations gear from it is a terrible idea.

or how about you can just repeat the class story missions but all the mobs are the same lvl and don't drop gear because being able to repeat the class story is enough and shouldn't have a incentive to do it. You should only do it because you want to see the story again besides you can get gear pretty easy in this game we don't need another source of free gear.

I'm all for an option to re-do class storyline. But mixing that up with "endgame progression" is just not a good idea.

As someone said above, simply re-doing your storyline should be enough incentive, and I've read many posts expressing interest in that, and only that.

Re-doing storyline, if implemented, should not have any impact on anything whatsoever. It should just be a superficial romp through the storyline just to be able to once again enjoy the story, in a coherent, back to back manner, that ideally would make the story shine as it wouldn't be buried in a dozen side quests.

So +1 to re-doing class storyline, -1 to having it "scaled" and dropping ops or even HM FP gear.

Edited by MurQueL

A major problem is that the story line would be messed up because you would already have the companions so it wouldn't make sense.

Whether balanced for a level 50 player or not, whether gear drops or not, I still support the OP's idea of being able rerun class story missions.

A major problem is that the story line would be messed up because you would already have the companions so it wouldn't make sense.

Well, if Bioware wanted to reinvest a bit in class storyline development a bit, this could be the most hilarious part. Have companions you could not have possibly had available! Have said companion comment about it! Laugh as the plot remains linear only be a narrow, unraveling thread!

Watch Gault duck and hide behind something throughout your bounty hunter story on Tattooine! Have Jesea complain to her master, to his face that he never notices her when she tries to speak to him! Take bets as Kaliyo decides she wants to fight her past self, just to see who would win!

Think about it. You know it would be funny.

I would love the ability to go back and start the class story again at level 50. Similar to Mass Effect when starting the level 1 story content at 60 etc....feels gooooood.

Like others have said, so long as it isn't scaled. You still fight the enemies at their original level from the first time you fought them.

Edited by SovereignXII

• 6 months later...
Same. I would just love to be able to do this. Would make me feel so powerful killing nemies that I struggled with Before and being able to rake them down in one hit. There is also so many moments I want to experience again in the inquisitors story.