Good for Healing?

Xenoderp

Well i'm not sure if it the the bestest overlord pwnzor healer but it seems to be good anyway. I tried merc healer a bit in pvp and i heal 1500-2700 (Critical hit included) or so with my main skill . you can indeed use your series of shot on an ally , it will heal him like 3 times a small amount , still useful while running to an obj or away from something to get some heals done without stopping running.

Let's be precise , my merc is level 18 and with no exeptionnal gear , normal ones gained through quests ...

Cool, thanks. So they do use healing guns?

It's not so much a "healing gun" per se. Bounty Hunters have combat cylinders that they activate, and for Mercenaries, they are High Velocity for the Arsenal tree, Combustible Gas for the Pyrotech tree, and Combat Support for the Bodyguard tree (healing).

The default attack, which is Rapid Shots, while the Combat Support Cylinder is active, allows you to target party members and fire heals at them, which also builds up a secondary resource, called Supercharged Gas, which then allows you to vent heat somewhat and makes your heals more effective.

Merc was the second toon I rolled for dps purposes until my guild needed another healer, so I switched and instantly loved it: I'm full 63 and heal all HM content and first two bosses of NiM EC.

Like any other class In the game, if you take the time to learn the spec it can be a ton of fun. Here are a few things I wish someone had told me when I first started:

1. Rapid shots is your best friend and the key to keeping heat levels down

2. Kolto shell is useful on others but most helpful on yourself.

3. Kolto missle should be used on cool down, no exceptions

4. Supercharged gas has lots of utility and should be used when needed, not necessarily on cool down...I'll get to this later

5. Load up on power augments over aim augments (once your crit is at 30%)

6. ALWAYS use healing scan before rapid scan to gain the heat reduction on the latter

7. I save thermal sensor override for emergencies

8. I use power surge fairly regularly but try and save it for a pinch

My opening rotation would usually be kolto missle->kolto shelll (on self)->rapid shots->healing scan->rapid scan->rapid shots.

In terms of supercharged gas, it's situational. If you find yourself behind and it's up, use it followed by kolto missle for the armour buff followed by healing scan spam. I tend to use it at the start of fights where he boss hits hard (tfb Kephess hm for example) because of the buff it gives to kolto missle and the kolto residue healing increase.

For 2.0 I'm VERY excited for kolto pods. I've played with it in the pts and all I can say is "wow." It is a fabulous change and helps us out a lot

Overall, I'm a big fan of my merc healer and can't wait for 2.0.

Keep working at it and you'll get better with practice