The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 02: Darth Malak vs. Darth Nyriss

Aurbere

This.

The fight against revan doesn't prove anything about Nyriss being stronger. Revan defeated her just as easily as he defeated malak, and malak grew in strength massively between that duel and his death.

The fuel argument is moot.

For the record, my argument refers to the fight with Meetra and Scourge who she handedly defeated simultaneously! And concerning the dark side nexus, is Malachor V not proof she can handle that kind of 'pressure'? I think it is. However concerning the 'fuel' argument, I was more referring to the magnitude of her attack which Drew described in terms of a swirling storm of energy - its only testament to Revan's abilities that he managed to deflect such a powerful attack.

This also disproves that Nyriss was somehow a Xedrix and in fact possessed little strength in the Force, despite this she managed to defeat Meetra and Scourge in all fields of combat and then unleash a maelstrom of energy on Revan - it just doesn't add up. Can you really accredit that power to a build up of energy? Bearing in mind that doesn't even make sense, if she were like Xedrix she would have only been able to release her power in short bursts. Not build up tons of energy and own all but one, this woman was described as crackling with dark side energy, she is anything but weak in the Force and anyone who has read Revan will know Drew was trying to potray her as anything but that. Let's also remember that the evidence to support this is scarce to say the least, i.e. a passage made somewhere that somewhat hinted that this might be the case, a passage that might not even exist or Selenial might have misinterpreted. Due to the lack of hard evidence this cannot be used as an argument as if it is incorrect (which it so easily could be) Nyriss will be heavily discredited unjustly.

And yes, I'm going to use ABC logic here. In fact, lets just call it logic. Nyriss > Meetra & Scourge (easily) Meetra alone > Malak. Nyriss >(thrashes life out of)> Malak.

Despite Malak's reputation, he was just a skilled swordsman. May I make it clear here that there is no evidence to suggest he was the best aside from Revan. Wookieepedia, backed with a source, says the following:

"Eventually, Darth Malak came to be counted among the skilled swordsmen of his time."

Not "the greatest swordsman of his age" or even "'one of the greatest" just "a skilled swordsmen" nothing more. Yet Nyriss managed to defeat exceptionally skilled duelists with ease. Nyriss simply outclasses Malak, I rest my case.

Edited by Beniboybling

This also disproves that Nyriss was somehow a Xedrix and in fact possessed little strength in the Force, despite this she managed to defeat Meetra and Scourge in all fields of combat and then unleash a maelstrom of energy on Revan - it just doesn't add up. Can you really accredit that power to a build up of energy? Bearing in mind that doesn't even make sense, if she were like Xedrix she would have only been able to release her power in short bursts. Not build up tons of energy and own all but one, this woman was described as crackling with dark side energy, she is anything but weak in the Force and anyone who has read Revan will know Drew was trying to potray her as anything but that. Let's also remember that the evidence to support this is scarce to say the least, i.e. a passage made somewhere that somewhat hinted that this might be the case, a passage that might not even exist or Selenial might have misinterpreted. Due to the lack of hard evidence this cannot be used as an argument as if it is incorrect (which it so easily could be) Nyriss will be heavily discredited unjustly.

Despite Malak's reputation, he was just a skilled swordsman. May I make it clear here that there is no evidence to suggest he was the best aside from Revan. Wookieepedia, backed with a source, says the following:

"Eventually, Darth Malak came to be counted among the skilled swordsmen of his time."

Lets be honest here.

Nyriss Ambush of Meetra and Scourge as they rescued Revan was just that... An ambush.

They were completely overwhelmed.

Right from the start they were thrown off balance, as she seperated them. Scourge someone she could easily wipe the floor with, and Surik who is stronger in the force than she is with the Blade. She pressed the attack on them alone, and I know what your going to say "Meetra can still perform on Darkside worlds". Yes, she can perform much better than any Jedi, and that is a true testament to her power, but she STILL is not at her full strength. But back to the fight >.>

When Nyriss seperated them, she cut them off from each other, and throughout the entire fight she was doing what dooku generally does to Oponents, she took one out of the battle at each time, to make sure she was not Overwhelmed by them both. She wasnt fighting Meetra And Scourge, she was fighting Meetra.... and Then She was fighting scourge. Thats how she got the advantage. They could not hold up to her in skill of the blade while she did this, so she kept them at her leisure until her finisher was ready.

This wouldnt work against Malak. He would be Constantly pressing the attack, all the time. She wouldnt be able to keep him away without worrying so much about keeping him away that she couldnt Build up her power again. He may not have been The best duelist but he was still very talented, and im fairly sure is obvious he could outclass her in Skills of the Blade.

I await your decision Aubere :D

Lets be honest here.

Nyriss Ambush of Meetra and Scourge as they rescued Revan was just that... An ambush.

They were completely overwhelmed.

Right from the start they were thrown off balance, as she seperated them. Scourge someone she could easily wipe the floor with, and Surik who is stronger in the force than she is with the Blade. She pressed the attack on them alone, and I know what your going to say "Meetra can still perform on Darkside worlds". Yes, she can perform much better than any Jedi, and that is a true testament to her power, but she STILL is not at her full strength. But back to the fight >.>

When Nyriss seperated them, she cut them off from each other, and throughout the entire fight she was doing what dooku generally does to Oponents, she took one out of the battle at each time, to make sure she was not Overwhelmed by them both. She wasnt fighting Meetra And Scourge, she was fighting Meetra.... and Then She was fighting scourge. Thats how she got the advantage. They could not hold up to her in skill of the blade while she did this, so she kept them at her leisure until her finisher was ready.

This wouldnt work against Malak. He would be Constantly pressing the attack, all the time. She wouldnt be able to keep him away without worrying so much about keeping him away that she couldnt Build up her power again. He may not have been The best duelist but he was still very talented, and im fairly sure is obvious he could outclass her in Skills of the Blade.

I await your decision Aubere :D

She still defeated Meetra single-handedly in close combat, while keeping Scourge at bay, so why would she have a problem defeating a weaker opponent in close combat? In fact she has an advantage now because she doesn't have to worry about keeping Scourge out of the picture - she can put all her resources into destroying Malak. And for the record, it wasn't exactly a surprise - Nyriss encountered T3 as she approached who raised the alarm. Then took out two guards before she got closer (reducing them to smoking husks) and then she was caught by surprise when she sensed the presence of Meetra and Scourge. She then took the time to question Scourge and once she realised his betrayal, finally attacked. That's what, several minutes of preparation? Malak will have seconds.

Meetra was arguably a better duelist than Malak, a far better duelist. She was retrained by Kreia in all seven lightsaber forms and possessed the remarkable ability to learn them instantly as well as see the weaknesses in their own techniques. She was incredibedly skilled and yet Nyriss completely outclassed her in lightsaber combat. Malak won't stand a chance.

And again, you making the assumption Nyriss needs to build up her power before attacking. Despite having no evidence to suggest this is the case. It didn't seem a problem when she stormed the detention center. Malak will charge Nyriss no doubt, and she will stop him in his tracks with a powerful blast of Force lightining. If he gets close she can match and outclass him with a blade and blast him back with the Force to resume her lightning based offensive, if Malak hunkers down and attempts to absorb/deflect/match the attack he'll be overwhelmed and destroyed.

Lol, tallies seem to work for me. I suggest that. I also sometimes play the battle out in my mind...

Arent you the only one arguing for Nyriss? o.0

Tally doesnt seem fair... Your making me rethink my decision (Though ima stick with Malak) youve put up some really annoying arguments :p

Edited by Selenial

Arent you the only one arguing for Nyriss? o.0

Tally doesnt seem fair... Your making me rethink my decision (Though ima stick with Malak) youve put up some really annoying arguments :p

Not tallying as number of debaters, but tallying as in argument based. Good arguments get one point, and stronger arguments get two, if those arguments are expanded upon they get more points, and if an argument is completely negated that point gets scratched off.

One I conclusion is reached its always good to run it through your mind to see if they actually can win, reassess their abilities and just make sure the decision is a logical one.

After considering everything, I am prepared to announce the winner.

After an intense battle between two Sith Lords, only one stood victorious. Despite Malak's superior skill with the lightsaber, he was unable to withstand Nyriss' power in the Dark Side.

I understand that each battle's conclusion will upset some (which makes this so difficult). Malak, while a very skilled swordsman, just didn't have the power to match Darth Nyriss. Both sides put forth excellent arguments, making this battle the closest one yet.

But that will change when two Sith Scholars of immense Dark Side power collide in the third match of The BattleZone!