Hood-down/up headpiece. Please. Super-important, 5-star thread!

Alec_Fortescue

Idea is simple. Might even be simpler than hood toggle feature. Much simpler.

You are able to make various headpieces. From helmets to caps, cowboy hats and toothpicks. This idea would solve a problem which is frustrating me to the ultimate levels (and lots of players would be happy with it implemented, I am sure).

Easy: create a headpiece that looks like a lowered hood which would override the hood-up that is default on most of the armor sets. Considering that we have quite efficient colour matching in the game and there are few types of hoods (they are quite universal) it would require perhaps two kinds of hood-down headpiece (lined and smooth) to put into the game. It should match the colour with the robe, override the hood-up, work in cinematics and make everyone darn happy! Omg this is so brilliant!

And for those who desire to put the hoods up on the 2 or 3 robes which have hoods down (or put wear the hood while they have their armor on - sweet) there can be some types of hood-up headpiece. Small, large and lined.

Has to be adaptive so both Sages/Knights and their counterparts can use them.

Omg this is so brilliant. I beg you, even put them on the cartel market. This looks doable :'(

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Been wanting this myself. It would fit perfectly with the "Covert Energy" set.

That would make a hood being just sticked to your naked back but whatever... ;] Some existing combinations are crazy enough. This solution would be so satisfying, though.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

It would work with pretty much all the robes and armor with hoods and it'd be designed for those. It would be usable on armor-like outfits but it would clip in quite few cases. All robes share nearly the same model and there is nothing that sticks out of their backs.

And the hood would be a plain colour without patterns. Could live with that.

Yes, it's important that the hood up / hood down be implemented with a checkbox next to the checkbox for "Hide Head Slot", so that there's no equipment swapping necessary. Just think if you have 2 sets of equipment for 2 specs! You would need 4 hood up / hood down combination of headpiece, instead of only 2.

Already suggested that 6 month ago, never got an answer in the thread, anyway its the best they could do until they add their hood up/hood down system, it could be in a CM pack, i dont care on that. We already know that hoods are already separate from a chest and can be used on any armor if needed.

That would make a hood being just sticked to your naked back but whatever... ;] Some existing combinations are crazy enough. This solution would be so satisfying, though.

Actually I misread your post.

I thought you meant an invisible headpiece that would have the same effect as a large helmet, forcing all hoods to be disabled. What I meant by fitting with the "Covert Energy" set was by name-sake; I'd still wear it with hooded robes. :p

Edited by MrRuck