Sith-Healer: how can that be?

TGaP_Andrey

It's probably not so much healing as it is "healing." Dark side powers generally end up hurting everyone involved in the long run. Sith "healers" get to sit back and rearrange their allies' internal structure instead of doing any real work. That's pretty evil, no?

I think dedicated sith healers are there purely for PVE/PVP mechanics. I don't think such thing would exist in terms of lore. A real fighting within Star Wars universe surely isn't like you see in SWTOR PVE/PVP. One doesn't have a health bar and you certainly don't hit one with the lightsabre 100 times before he dies. When you hit someone with a lightsabre he is either dead or (if lucky) disabled for the duration of the battle. If one has his limbs chopped off, there is no healing that can reattach them back in a few moments and make that warrior useful again. Edited by Path-x

It's probably not so much healing as it is "healing." Dark side powers generally end up hurting everyone involved in the long run. Sith "healers" get to sit back and rearrange their allies' internal structure instead of doing any real work. That's pretty evil, no?

It's cute how my Sorcerer's teammates don't realize he's using the Force to manipulate them like puppets. Free will is meaningless when I can control your every last nerve and reflex with the INFINITE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE!!!!!

On the other hand, maybe I shouldn't actually give the people I play with more excuses to just blame the healer.

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone here read the Bane trilogy? It repeatedly states that sith don't heal since the dark side is essentially pure destructive power. This combined with the pride displayed in most sith, ends up with the whole poison section of the first book with Bane finding a healer.

suspend disbelief. in the Bane books several times the story points out how Bane can't cure himself because Sith don't care for healing.. that only the strong survive and if you can't survive you don't deserve to.. that healing isn't the sith way.

but for SWTOR.. you couldn't do ops or FP's without heals and they're part of the Trinity so you have to have them. i guess it's up to you whether you want to enjoy an MMORPG, or follow cannon :)

Did anyone here read the Bane trilogy? It repeatedly states that sith don't heal since the dark side is essentially pure destructive power. This combined with the pride displayed in most sith, ends up with the whole poison section of the first book with Bane finding a healer.

I can't run a marathon.

Clearly, that means no one can.