The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Emperor Palpatine's Future In Star Wars

Selorian

What would be really the most amazing thing ever though, if anybody has seen House of Cards, imagine a Palpatine version of that. A dark serialized drama that follows Palpatines political maneuverings as both the politician and the sith lord. Would be entirely focused on the politics and scheming rather then the action. Could have fight scenes too, sure, but they would be the rare, character building type not the action fluff that TCWs usually boils down to.

Yeah it will never happen but I can dream. And watch shows like House of Cards.

Have you read Darth Plagueis? Basically that just there is novelized form, and brilliantly written. Highly recommend it.

But yeah, something like this would be very cool. Perhaps in a live-action series? Or perhaps as a spin-off... not sure it would be so effective though, things like that need to be slow and built up and won't always have super climatic endings.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you read Darth Plagueis? Basically that just there is novelized form, and brilliantly written. Highly recommend it.

But yeah, something like this would be very cool. Perhaps in a live-action series? Or perhaps as a spin-off... not sure it would be so effective though, things like that need to be slow and built up and won't always have super climatic endings.

Yes I've read that book, its my favorite SW book.

And yeah I was saying to make a serialized drama, so obviously a series. Yes, live-action preferable. Really good anime like Cowboy Bebop status would be cool too though.

Yes I've read that book, its my favorite SW book.

And yeah I was saying to make a serialized drama, so obviously a series. Yes, live-action preferable. Really good anime like Cowboy Bebop status would be cool too though.

Oh nice. Well... live-action series has always been something on the table with Star Wars and with the hype and publicity the sequels will bring I'd be surprised if they didn't explore it - how they'll do it I don't know.

What would be really the most amazing thing ever though, if anybody has seen House of Cards, imagine a Palpatine version of that. A dark serialized drama that follows Palpatines political maneuverings as both the politician and the sith lord. Would be entirely focused on the politics and scheming rather then the action. Could have fight scenes too, sure, but they would be the rare, character building type not the action fluff that TCWs usually boils down to.

Yeah it will never happen but I can dream. And watch shows like House of Cards.

My roommate and I found that on Netflix a few weeks ago. Watched the entirety of Season One in a single Saturday, it was that good.

A show of that nature would not only be fascinating, but could give great insight into the workings of the Jedi Order and the Republic government. To keep things Star Wars and interesting, of course, you could always have his secret life as a Sith Lord give bits of exploration/action looking for holocrons, etc.

Dramatic tension could be introduced by having Jedi like Dooku and Qui-Gon potentially coming into conflict with their plans at times as they go about their business as Jedi. Seeing both Dooku and Palpatine in their earlier, formative years would be quite interesting, and allow Qui-Gon Jinn to become a more developed character.

Just thinking about this, it would be a fun story to write. If I wasn't already knee deep in my current fanfic, I might start drafting ideas...

I don't recall him dropping a Super Star Destroyer....I know he had one underneath his palace(was it?) and then when bringing it out, he mindwiped everyone so they forgot that it was there.

Even if he did...that was what? 1 time? Plus it was in a younger body, so he was far more powerful then what he was in his older one thus he would be able to do that.

meh what a soding poor excuse but whataver. One thing is to understand that he is the most powerfull bad guy in star wars.... but quite other to sufer bad writting... is excrutiating.