Sorc/Sage dps

SEANeD

Sage dps and its ranked viability on live, I honestly would only bring a sage dps if there was no Gs/Sniper available. And even then a sage can't effect a match in the way a Gs/sniper can.

Yes I can put up very high numbers, if the other team isn't retarded and simply takes out the weakest link on your rated team. To the other dps in the game, you're an easy kill, **** I eat other sages alive most of the time.

My team pull and the ability to switch to heals in certain situations has to give me some sort of edge against snipers for ranked. As I said earlier I feel I have a bit more control over the enemy team then most other classes. Madness has so many roots and slows that it can make a huge difference in the pressure I apply for AOEs or how well my melees can take out the enemy. Snipers do have better burst, but sorcs can put out equal damage depending on what spec you play.

Madness has 1 root, 1 knockback, 1 4 second hard stun, and 1 8sec mez.

The ability to change specs can and will play a role if/until they change it so you can't.

The classes that can change dps to heals though, Merc/commandos are easily shut down, Scoundrels would be good node guards, and then sages, which are the easiest of kills atm.

I'll tell you what, I honestly wouldn't mind bringing a merc to ranked a few times, most of the dps on both sides are on heals so they would be able to freecast, up until the other team decides to shut him up.

Scoundrels while they can be very annoying they need their cool downs to most effective, and would be as i said before relegated to node duty.

Sages, yes madness, and my hybrid spec can top the damage charts. However, if the other team looks at you you're dead.

Yeah, I think I might have had you in a 1v1 the other day. I think you killed me pretty easily. If it was you, you are the only one who ever cleanses my DoTs...that is such a PIA when you're trying to get a LB to proc!

I believe that was you in VS, and yes cleanse all the dots!