Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

In Game, Don't Be A Jerk And Heal Mobs!

AlaricSevGirl

I can say something harsher but when someone hasn't done anything to you and they are in an area where they are supposed to be to complete a quest and you are on the opposing faction, don't heal the bloody mob. That's called griefing and next time I see someone do it, I'll report them for griefing.

Edit: I realize that it's probably a F2P player and they can't read and post on the forum but still it's a very immature thing to do.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can say something harsher but when someone hasn't done anything to you and they are in an area where they are supposed to be to complete a quest and you are on the opposing faction, don't heal the bloody mob. That's called griefing and next time I see someone do it, I'll report them for griefing.

I've seen this done. Never been tempted to do it, but it had me chuckling a bit.

In my opinion, doing so should flag you for PVP.

My only question is, why did you wait till next time?

i done that once and it was funny....until that dude guild roll and rofl smash me

Unfortunately, I am on a sick day (teeth work) so my guildmates aren't around or we would have taken that player down too and it isn't funny to the player it's happening to. It's damned immature.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

That's a lot of bull. They were doing it to grief. I am a role player and I'd never do that to an opposing faction player.

Just because -you- wouldn't do it as a roleplayer doesn't mean others wouldn't. People have very different rulebooks on the thing. I wasn't serious about with that statement however, my apologies...

Do you now if it's considered griefing or are you just labeling as that? I'm pretty sure it's not griefing.

The spesifics on what they consider griefing is vague at best. But the other player obviously did not have AlaricSevGirl's best interests in mind nor would they themselves benefit in any way from healing said enemy. There are no missions where you're supposed to heal NPCs that the other faction is opposing.

Just because -you- wouldn't do it as a roleplayer doesn't mean others wouldn't. People have very different rulebooks on the thing. I wasn't serious about with that statement however, my apologies...

The spesifics on what they consider griefing is vague at best. But the other player obviously did not have AlaricSevGirl's best interests in mind nor would they themselves benefit in any way from healing said enemy. There are no missions where you're supposed to heal NPCs that the other faction is opposing.

Sorry just a bit ticked. With the cost of repairs going up again, it's something that should be done. I'm not flagged for PvP although when I did PvP (my other SWTOR experience: I'm on a new account), I kicked ***. This time I'm not PvPing. (Well maybe lol, not sure, I'm waiting for 2.0 to come out before I PvP again.)

Doesn't matter. People can take over enemy bases and kill off the NPC's. There's no griefing there. There's no rewards for doing so, no missions completed, but people can do it.

Doesn't matter. People can take over enemy bases and kill off the NPC's. There's no griefing there. There's no rewards for doing so, no missions completed, but people can do it.

Notice you said NPC not PC. When you do something to a PC outside PvP, then you are being disrespectful and frankly I have stronger words that I won't use here.

Notice you said NPC not PC. When you do something to a PC outside PvP, then you are being disrespectful and frankly I have stronger words that I won't use here.

Um... if they kill off all the NPC's in the town so that you can't go into the town, can't turn in quests... it's the same thing. The person healing the mob is preventing you from completing your PvE goals by using PvP tactics.

Boo hoo?

It can very well matter. Each reported harassment incident is judged individually. If using game mechanics to prevent others from a regular playing experience is considered harassment, it's harassment. If it isn't, it isn't. Your spesific example falls a bit flat outside of a PvP server though as most if not all mission givers cannot be targeted... vendors I'm unsure about.

Edited by Pscyon

It can very well matter. Each reported harassment incident is judged individually. If using game mechanics to prevent others from a regular playing experience is considered harassment, it's harassment. If it isn't, it isn't. Your spesific example falls a bit flat outside of a PvP server though as most if not all mission givers cannot be targeted... vendors I'm unsure about.

Okay, I can agree that it's on a case-by-case scenario, but I've never had a problem with someone healing an npc mob. I just thought the person must be really bored. But this casual use of the word "griefing" is a bit extreme since it is a "case-by-case" scenario.

Okay, I can agree that it's on a case-by-case scenario, but I've never had a problem with someone healing an npc mob. I just thought the person must be really bored. But this casual use of the word "griefing" is a bit extreme since it is a "case-by-case" scenario.

Would you rather I use harassment?

griefing

A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game that purposely irritates and harasses other players..

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefing

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

Unfortunately, I am on a sick day (teeth work) so my guildmates aren't around or we would have taken that player down too and it isn't funny to the player it's happening to. It's damned immature.

If he is not flagged for pvp you can call even Mazinga by your side, there is nothing you can do to take him down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.