Pazaak & Swoop

Gannic

Dear bioware dewelopers.

Requiest:

Pazaak - as fan of kotor univerce i wanna to play in pazaak. I think more players wanna play and test self skill in pazaak. Planet/Galaxy championsheep, more credits, played with NPC - singleplayer or mmo champ - multiplayer.

Swoop racing - very cool part of kotor. I think if you add this part ingame. With Planet/Galaxy championsheep's it's really make hope more peoples.

PS:

Thanks for great game.

And good luck with coding process. More players etc.

From Russia with love)

• 3 weeks later...

Lets see if we can keep this thread alive to get there attention :)

I loved Pazack and would love to see it in SWtoR. They could do it like Arena's in another MMO, earn cool titles and rewards, not necessarily gear but rare companion pets and other fun stuff :)

Edited by AndyColl

Honestly they should add more stuff. Cantinas need more social features! I rememeber just sitting in a Cantina in SWG and buffing people for tips and talking to people.

Bioware should add the following

Pazaak, we can play for credits or Senate rules. A card game in an MMO would make a lot of people happy right? Gambling for all!

Holochess, maybe you just logged in and don't feel like questing or pvp. Your companions are still crafting or running missions for you possibly. Holochess between two people could really be fun.

Swoop Racing/Pod Racing, add both why not? Space combat is on rails so it's not impossible to imagine racing would be hard to implement. There could be leaderboards for the fastest times on the server, your friends, guilds and your own personal best. Upgrades could be added to exisiting crew skills and there could be tournaments for this races or possibly pazaak.

Duel area. I remember killing Bendak Starkiller in Kotor 1. He was a though bastard my first time on Hard and arena style combat in a single player rpg were always my favorite kind of quests. Now imagine it in an mmo but you against a player. One versus one and if possible broadcast it for your faction's fleet to see to earn bragging rights.

Just imagine the possibilites if Bioware actually wanted to.

Swoop racing with other players would be fun. Don't mind pazaak eather. Also it would be nice to have 1vs1 arena but with small additional feature. Ability to sit down and watch whole thing.

No problems with queue because you can watch matches and others can see matches. Also it would be GREAT feature for making PVP more balanced because you would have all that statistics with player lvl, player build and win/lose counter.

TBH I would be VERY surprised if they aren't already developing or planning on putting pazaak and swoop racing in this game as one of their updates or possibly (but maybe less likely) in their first expansion pack.

But obviously they understandably have to prioritise with the bug patches and all that first.

Patience is a Vitue :)

Duel area. I remember killing Bendak Starkiller in Kotor 1. He was a though bastard my first time on Hard and arena style combat in a single player rpg were always my favorite kind of quests. Now imagine it in an mmo but you against a player. One versus one and if possible broadcast it for your faction's fleet to see to earn bragging rights.

Just imagine the possibilites if Bioware actually wanted to.

I think you've got something there that would be absolutely awesome I can just imagine like big screens in the cantinas broadcasting live matches in the arena I think you have really hit something there.

I just really hope Bioware read this thread

Edited by Jeffers

i would be happy about those too... i can only remember one other MMO which had some kind of tradingcards implemented, needed for certain quests and fun.

sadly the game, whose name i not remember, was not that much interesting for me to keep up with it. still, it showed suhc kind of minigame can be implemented... it was hard and fun at the same time

I think you've got something there that would be absolutely awesome I can just imagine like big screens in the cantinas broadcasting live matches in the arena I think you have really hit something there.

I just really hope Bioware read this thread

I was actually hoping Bioware had some big plans for the cantinas. Anyone remember the "Cantina Entertainment" threads pretty much anything from their would be golden.

I think playing pazaak on the MMO-scale would be awesome, I can already see myself being logged on for hours like now - but instead of PVPing or Questing, I'd be playing Pazaak and picture this Pazakk Tournaments that would be awesome.

it would be great if bioware representative would comment on this.

It would, but don't hold your breath. :D

No matter what answer they'd give it'd be a potential mine field.

A yes means major POd players if they find they just can't because it's too hard.

A no means major POd players because it sounds like they don't want to.

A maybe means major POd players because it sounds like they're waffling.

While I know there's only a small chance of creating POd players :rolleyes: but I don't think they can chance it till it's close to being implemented.

I could be wrong though.

This has come up many times in the past few years. It seems to be a thing the vast majority of players either want or are neutral toward. I've seen almost no argument against it. Bioware would be crazy not to add this. It's just a matter of when.

• 5 months later...

Up.

Why you addd only hard features? Only ranked warzones? dungeon finder etc. Features of MMO. And nothink of Star Wars features.

PVP and PVE - good ideas. But we wanna some free play. Like P&P pazaak game from right click character options, or tournament of pazaak.

Swoop eventuary chalange. Opened eventuary.

Exist static races - on each planet. And exist race tournamets started eventuary once in month or in few month. On unique race. Where all players have no experience to ride.

Planet\ Hutt illegal arenas. With ladders etc. At first story arena. Where all players should teach some lessons - like in KOTOR I part. PVE type arenas. There. Fight with mobs, pack mobs or some bosses. With ladder who in top from players. And PVP options. With eventually ladder. Where each player can be best at this started illegal arena tournament season.

Hey everyone!

There is some more information regarding mini-games coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ in our Community Q&A Blog for February 24th, 2012:

Toxin_Polaris: Do you plan to have mini-games like swoop races or pazaak? And if so what is the priority for this? Can we expect them this year?

Damion Schubert: We love mini-games, especially the ones that speak to the heritage of KOTOR. When would something like pazaak make its way to you? Hard to say - it's not on our immediate horizon, and we'd most likely do it at a point where we want to make a large splash.

You can find this answer and more located in our Community Q&A Archive!

Since we have an active thread on this topic, we are going to close this and ask that you please continue this discussion here:

We hope this helps! :jawa_smile: