Server Merge

sirullrich

we were playing EU guilds on the pts which is a US east coast server. not to mention the pts is very unstable. (my average ping was 300ms and spiked to 5000 regularly). nostrum dolus was extremely good even with the ping difference and funny how not one of the eu guilds used ping as an excuse. Edited by rmitchell

It's not so much a matter of if we'd be competitive, Midian played on the US servers prior to APAC mergers and did well on the higher latency. For me it's just hard going back to that after playing for so long with what the game SHOULD feel like (<40ms) .

It'd be awesome to experience SWTOR again with a healthy server and population, and I might check it out as a F2P.. but i'm unsubbed for now.

Edited by ausmisc

Just a few things:

1.) The PTS as mentioned is not stable, and my ping was about 150ms worse going from the bastion (180ms ping) to the PTS (3330-350ms ping).

2.) Off topic but Ryere i am curious as too how MVP did on the PTS. How did you guys go, and how do you feel the bastion rated's scene skill wise is compared to the other top guilds on the other servers?

3.) <The Elite> is recruiting APAC players looking for a new home! Feel free to come join us republic side on The Bastion for the double XP weekends and have some fun in anticipation of transfers!!

Just a few things:

1.) The PTS as mentioned is not stable, and my ping was about 150ms worse going from the bastion (180ms ping) to the PTS (3330-350ms ping).

2.) Off topic but Ryere i am curious as too how MVP did on the PTS. How did you guys go, and how do you feel the bastion rated's scene skill wise is compared to the other top guilds on the other servers?

3.) <The Elite> is recruiting APAC players looking for a new home! Feel free to come join us republic side on The Bastion for the double XP weekends and have some fun in anticipation of transfers!!

us and nostrum dolus were the top 2 teams that really played. couple teams we didnt play but got destroyed by ND and like one other team we didnt really play enough to judge them fully but were a solid team. we were also the only team to manage a positive record vs ND. pretty much every other team was roflstomped by them and we were up 5-2 on them.

I'm very much so looking forward to the merge simply because I don't sleep, and it can get quite boring in this game around dawn when most every normal person is asleep and I'm stuck with the likes of Ryere or Season as my only company... Joking!

(Doesn't hurt though that Aussie accents sound quite nice and wicked).

It does indeed suck that there will be crappier latency on a US server and all. But there are manu APAC players on The Bastion who (some individuals as well as the likes of The Elite) seem to have acclimated to a crappier latency, and still can play very very well. soooo yeah.

Edited by Raychul

I'm very much so looking forward to the merge simply because I don't sleep, and it can get quite boring in this game around dawn when most every normal person is asleep and I'm stuck with the likes of Ryere or Season as my only company... Joking!

(Doesn't hurt though that Aussie accents sound quite nice and wicked).

It does indeed suck that there will be crappier latency on a US server and all. But there are manu APAC players on The Bastion who (some individuals as well as the likes of The Elite) seem to have acclimated to a crappier latency, and still can play very very well. soooo yeah.

i need new people i can call bad too, gets old calling the same people bad over and over :p

I play exclusively in the prime time period for APAC (even though I live in EST) and I'm very excited for this as there isn't much rated action at that time. I'm hoping for at least a couple of rated teams to start queuing and give me and the rest of Elite some consistent ranked games each day.

As an aside, I know some folks from Synergy/MVP (pub side) are sometimes on in this time period and if you guys can arrange a daily rated team (or whenever you can), let us know.

I play exclusively in the prime time period for APAC (even though I live in EST) and I'm very excited for this as there isn't much rated action at that time. I'm hoping for at least a couple of rated teams to start queuing and give me and the rest of Elite some consistent ranked games each day.

As an aside, I know some folks from Synergy/MVP (pub side) are sometimes on in this time period and if you guys can arrange a daily rated team (or whenever you can), let us know.

we are mostly just chillin on alts until 2.0. got burnt out after queing for like 8 hours a couple days in a row on the pts. almost 12 hours on one day. but if we que its usually anywhere from 8pst to 2pst. so if u can que, que around those times as thats pretty much prime time for rwz on the server.

we are mostly just chillin on alts until 2.0. got burnt out after queing for like 8 hours a couple days in a row on the pts. almost 12 hours on one day. but if we que its usually anywhere from 8pst to 2pst. so if u can que, que around those times as thats pretty much prime time for rwz on the server.

Is your alt Mallox?

Anyways, the issue is nearly everyone in our guild is located in Australia or Asia and server prime time is approximately 12pm - 6pm (10am - 4pm for west coast Aussies) in APAC so people are just getting off work and heading home. For those PSTer who stay up late, they usually will see us in a few matches 2am PST and later since that's more prime time for us. I know for a fact that there are a few synergy/etc folks usually on around that time so hoping to organize more consistent rated in 2.0