Leveling and PvP

Sonhoo

Heya,

I just got back to swtor after along long long break and im planning on leveling a scoundrel.

I would like to ask you guys what build you used to level up and what build you're using for pvp!

Thanks alot <3

I believe that for leveling it may be easiest to run scrapper spec or sawbones. When i leveled last year it was rather expedient to roll scrapper, however that was pre 1.2 nerfs. Running sawbones can help expedite lower levels until you gain Gus after finishing storylines on Hoth. After that it is pretty easy to have him heal while you dps. However, many of the prime abilities of the scrapp spec are hard to execute on quest line bosses, due to the need to be behind a foe.

In all honesty though, scoundrels really only get far in endgame modes as sawbones healers. Dps has been nerfed a few times already for scrapper, and dirty fighting is decent but at that point you may as well just role a gunslinger.

I have been a hardcore DPS rogue class for over a decade in multiple MMOs, and the scoundrel is fun but it just doesn't match up to other DPS roles in SWTOR. In the endgame you will be hardpress to find a ranked warzone or end game raid group as DPS.

However, sawbones is a well balanced and versatile healing option. If you want to DPS in the endgame then I recommend rolling a gunslinger or sentinel. It took me almost 6 months to swallow that pill post 1.2, but it has been great since i rerolled. Now, I am going to have a sent and gunslinger to endgame DPS instead which suits me just fine.

I don't know about being 'the best' but I leveled up placing the first ten points in sawbones then went up the scrapper tree. Really was ez-mode for pve as your first two companions are tanks and you can support with both dps and healing.

In WZ's, I made a pretty good off node guard and/or off healer. You won't be amazing in really anything (pvp wise) but you'll be really good at supporting your team. Once you hit level 30ish you can start thinking about re-specing in all sawbones or scrapper to get the feel for those as well.

Honestly I would strongly recommend re-specing to something like this if you want to go scrapper now. This way you'll maximize your dps. You don't need one in survivor scars, your healing isn't going to be that good anyway. That point should fill out browbeater because vital shot is one of your main abilities with flying fists and round two. You also don't need the endurance, it's nice to have but not necessary. Fight or flight is also a really good one that you should take, it gives you a little speed boost that comes in handy in pvp.

At 37, I think I was something more like this.

Edited by Ridickilis