The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Betrayal Quest

Hi there! I was thinking how awesome it would be to have a betrayal quest in this particular game.

In everquest 2 you had the ability to do a betrayal quest to switch factions. I can't remember the name.... Defilers quest maybe? Anyway, I've personally found it crazy how I can love a bounty hunter so much but absolutely hate trooper. So, I was thinking to allow a imperial class to be republic and vice versa. Not to mention, I think you could make game play more diverse and interesting for players. Here's how I would implement it from a business stand point:

**start the quest with a scroll sold from cartel coins

**have a max level so the player is forced to learn the side well and make sure its the right choice, this will also prevent clashes between leveling content like class quests.

**craft a rare item

**gain a rep item from a vendor

**get x amount of PvP and pve tokens

**if you're imp going to repub have x amount of light side poi ts and vice versa.

That way its a grind and gives players the ability to play any class with the side of their choice, not pigeonholed

True - I do think its important for an end game class decision, you should be challenged in all aspects of the game. Now I am no developer, but I'm sure they could do a story line where you're having to work yourself through ranks to earn trust from your original allegiance. Killing the other side to proove your "worthiness" only to betray once you've been ranked for top secret intelligence... I'm sure there could be something along those lines. However I personally would make players work on all aspects of end game content for a big end game perk such as this.

Regardless of how its done, I think it would be amazing to see it implemented.