The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

1 Million WZ dmg club

DesmoLegacy

Been playing a vanguard at level 50 for a little over a week now and finally got full WH. Having a hard time getting past the 1 million dmg mark, I know it requires that "special set of circumstances" but i had a great opportunity in a Void Star this weekend but only managed 808k.

I've broken 1 mil on my Mara, Jugg, Sniper and Assassin but am struggling with the Vanguard. The thing is, this class seems like the perfect class to achieve this goal and have seen several of the better vanguards on my server do it. I realize our single target burst is fantastic, but I am guessing you 1 mil club members really spread your ion pulse around to get dots spread. I took IRound out of my rotation and pretty much do this:

Spread ion pulse on all nearby targets, HIB when up. I then focus single target by pulling a healer in and throwing both grenades, IP, SS, HIB on proc until dead. I make sure to AoE groups with my 2 AoE abilities when I see 3 or more.

What's the trick?!? Share your secrets, I am sure i;m missing something here...

Edited by DesmoLegacy

a big thing is your skill tree and not using the default gear setup you want ~1000 power and you want all 3 points of steely resolve from the tank tree for the extra 9% aim all your mods should be 5/4 +39 power/crit respectively and enhancements all high power and surge. you should use IR on healer focus for the larger HB. your armorings should be the eliminator set as well for the extra 15% HIB crit chance