Light Side, Dark Side Alignments

Ailte

Wouldn't it be a good idea to add more to them?

One idea I had was the to change the way abilities work with each side

EX: If you're more attuned to the light side. The spells Lightning Strike, and Force Lightning turn into the spells Disturbance and Disturbance

Many abilities can be changed with the attunement to the dark and light side.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to add more to them?

One idea I had was the to change the way abilities work with each side

EX: If you're more attuned to the light side. The spells Lightning Strike, and Force Lightning turn into the spells Disturbance and Disturbance

Many abilities can be changed with the attunement to the dark and light side.

The spells are good the way they are but would be cool if for example your LS-5 on a SI all your electric attacks are now white/blue lighting instead and if your DS-5 it could stay the same or even add some red to it. They could do the same for all the force users force based attacks.

I would love it if the inquisitors attacks became tweaked as you progress in alignment! culminating in their colors and animation having changed so much by rank 5 that they become almost different abilities!

the lightning skills could become gradually more silver and pale blue while the abilities like death field will become less dark and more heavenly.

it can even be justified as you are using force based powers, they just manifest in appearance according to your true nature!

This has been talked about pretty much since launch. There are some pretty lengthy threads on the subject. As much as a number of us would LOVE something like this to happen, it just doesn't seem like it will. I recently caved in and swapped factions because of it. I've had enough of the bright pillar of light shining on me when I cast Salvation or the bright gold glow when I cast Benevolence. In comparison, the purple of a Sorc is just cooler to me than gold and it also doesn't have the same effect as the "kick me!" sign of bright goodie-goodie gold.

Originally I rolled Republic at launch because I had no idea that they'd make races unlockable for the other faction. I wanted to be a Togruta which are not aligned with the Empire as far as I could gather from research on their backstory. Everything I did in game since launch was in preparation for the addition of Togruta. After legacy was added (the bonuses, not just the name and level that was available at launch) I even obsessed over maxing companion affection to get a ton of presence to amp up my companion to make it easier to re-level a Togruta Sage. Due to races not being faction specific, I don't have to worry about that part. I got fed up with throwing a gravel driveway at people so re-rolling was really the only option. Sure I had to go the extreme route and swap to the other freaking faction but it was a big enough issue for me that it's worth the growing pains of re-leveling my other alts Imp side all over again. All I need now... Togrutas added as a playable race and I can re-roll my Sorc for the ultimate main. Or by that time they'll have the species change added to the Cartel Market so I can swap my Ratattaki Sorc to a Togruta.

Would have saved a lot of hassle if they'd just have done some legacy unlock that lets your alignment affect the graphics. Maybe they'll add it in the future. I'm not holding my breath though.

This has been talked about pretty much since launch. There are some pretty lengthy threads on the subject. As much as a number of us would LOVE something like this to happen, it just doesn't seem like it will. I recently caved in and swapped factions because of it. I've had enough of the bright pillar of light shining on me when I cast Salvation or the bright gold glow when I cast Benevolence. In comparison, the purple of a Sorc is just cooler to me than gold and it also doesn't have the same effect as the "kick me!" sign of bright goodie-goodie gold.

Originally I rolled Republic at launch because I had no idea that they'd make races unlockable for the other faction. I wanted to be a Togruta which are not aligned with the Empire as far as I could gather from research on their backstory. Everything I did in game since launch was in preparation for the addition of Togruta. After legacy was added (the bonuses, not just the name and level that was available at launch) I even obsessed over maxing companion affection to get a ton of presence to amp up my companion to make it easier to re-level a Togruta Sage. Due to races not being faction specific, I don't have to worry about that part. I got fed up with throwing a gravel driveway at people so re-rolling was really the only option. Sure I had to go the extreme route and swap to the other freaking faction but it was a big enough issue for me that it's worth the growing pains of re-leveling my other alts Imp side all over again. All I need now... Togrutas added as a playable race and I can re-roll my Sorc for the ultimate main. Or by that time they'll have the species change added to the Cartel Market so I can swap my Ratattaki Sorc to a Togruta.

Would have saved a lot of hassle if they'd just have done some legacy unlock that lets your alignment affect the graphics. Maybe they'll add it in the future. I'm not holding my breath though.

I agree that it will likely never happen as a change to general gameplay or a legacy unlock. However, you know Bioware could be convinced to make such a thing available as a cartel coin purchase if they saw it could make money. Especially since this would be purely cosmetic which is the cartel markets forte'.

The only problem is they'd have to have a bone to throw to non-force users as well so there'd be some equality in what could be purchased.

Personally I'd love to see this. I'm the reverse, I'm sick of my purple puddle and lightning, and actually really really like the animations (including the character animations as well as the effects) of the Jedi Consular as opposed to the SI. It would be nice to see some obvious Light-Side effects, as it kinda feels the Dark Side guys get all of the fun :D