The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Black Imperial Trooper Armor

the only trooper armour is available with the CE edition so a similar version will never hit the cartel market as it would take away the CE editions only selling point.

That's not the CE armour. There are multiple types of Imperial Trooper armour in the game, most are not available to us. If one of those types were to be made available to everyone, there's still the CE armour which would be exclusive to CE owners. We'd still be recognised.

I support this. Bring at least one of the Imp armours on NPCs in the game as wearable items outside the CE vendor.

That's not the CE armour. There are multiple types of Imperial Trooper armour in the game, most are not available to us. If one of those types were to be made available to everyone, there's still the CE armour which would be exclusive to CE owners. We'd still be recognised.

I support this. Bring at least one of the Imp armours on NPCs in the game as wearable items outside the CE vendor.

Ones I can think of, off the top of my head:

Black

Dark Grey (CE vendor)

Red

White (there's 2 variations, imperial fleet and Hoth)

Light Grey

Olive green

So yeah, plenty of options to enter the market without using the CE version.

That one you linked seems to have a different helmet, and an obviously different colorscheme on the chestpiece, so I think I might find this acceptable. Even more if the backpack is of a different design as well.

Yes, it's really that simple to me: the chestpieces will need to be recognizably different, even when combining with other look-a-like items and using unify to chest color. And that's pretty hard with a mostly black item, but for this one it seems to work.

There's also a white one with red markings on Hoth, and I think I've also seen a white with gray markings, which are for the rest identical in design to the CE one. I wouldn't mind those being made available as well, provided that wearing a black chestpiece and using unify to chest doesn't make those nearly indistinguishable from the CE one.

I support. It is clearly distinguishable from the CE version (that I own), and it isn't better than the CE version either (because black with red is much more iconic) that it would still make CE version worth for the ones who can buy it.

I honestly wouldn't worry about this too much. Having looked at 2.0, it looks like it's set up for 'armor dyes' to be added to the game. Each tier of gear has it's own model, instead of the patch 1.x.x gear which was only two different models of gear and each tier had its own color. I'm not sure it's been officially announced or discussed but I'm thinking color dyes are coming somewhat soon, especially with the recent announcement of the 'barber shop' kind of changes becoming available on the cartel market in... what... 1.7.3? (now that I think about it, that's tomorrow! :eek:)

I honestly wouldn't worry about this too much. Having looked at 2.0, it looks like it's set up for 'armor dyes' to be added to the game. Each tier of gear has it's own model, instead of the patch 1.x.x gear which was only two different models of gear and each tier had its own color. I'm not sure it's been officially announced or discussed but I'm thinking color dyes are coming somewhat soon, especially with the recent announcement of the 'barber shop' kind of changes becoming available on the cartel market in... what... 1.7.3? (now that I think about it, that's tomorrow! :eek:)

I hope you are right. :D

I am a CE owner and I love being able to wear Imperial Trooper armour. I love it so much that I want everyone to be able to do it.

BW made a massive mistake when the decided to put Imperial Trooper armour and Republic Officer outfits in the CE only vendor. As a roleplayer, I believe that these two armour sets should be absolutely basic and available to everyone. It's stuff like this (and the lack of chat bubbles) that convince me that BW doesn't have a clue about what roleplayers want.

Seriously, BW have created the Sith Empire to be a military dictatorship under the Sith, but then make it as difficult as possible to accurately portray that by giving the trooper class to the wrong side and locking away the only armour set available to portray the Imperial Military.

Well, you're getting white armor in 2.0 as a reputation reward on Makeb :)

This is exactly the kind of crap I am talking about. An armour set that should be very basic is very difficult to get. As a roleplayer I'm am finding it increasingly difficult to keep playing SWTOR.

This is exactly the kind of crap I am talking about. An armour set that should be very basic is very difficult to get. As a roleplayer I'm am finding it increasingly difficult to keep playing SWTOR.

Wear random black chestpiece - unify to chest - fixed. I just hope the result doesn't look TOO identical to the CE version, the CE version should ALWAYS and under ALL CIRCUMSTANCES remain visually unique and distinct.

Wear random black chestpiece - unify to chest - fixed. I just hope the result doesn't look TOO identical to the CE version, the CE version should ALWAYS and under ALL CIRCUMSTANCES remain visually unique and distinct.

[Edit: nvm, there are some differences, mainly boots and gloves. Helmet and chest, which are the defining pieces, are hardly distinguishable though, except for the recoloring ofc]

Edited by GeckoOBac

..., the CE version should ALWAYS and under ALL CIRCUMSTANCES remain visually unique and distinct.

I totally disagree.

Firstly, the Imperial Trooper armour should never have been exclusive in the first place. I mean, of all the armour they could have put in the CE shop, that is the last one they should have chosen.

Secondly, it's clear that the CE shop has basically been abandoned by BW anyway. Meanwhile, Imperial RP has been seriously hampered by the fact that it is nigh on impossible to create a military guild in what is a military dictatorship. This is why I stated earlier that I believe that BW doesn't have a clue about RP.

Meanwhile, Imperial RP has been seriously hampered by the fact that it is nigh on impossible to create a military guild in what is a military dictatorship.
Empire is not a military dictatorship, it is basically magocracy ("mages" (Sith) rule, anyone who can use The Force is automatically superior even to the highest military officer). Now that I stated that, to my reply.

Imperial military officer (or off-duty, I assume trooper are not always stuck in armor) armor is available from Cartel Market, agents get similar looking gear from quests, one drops from Hammer station, etc.

It is much harder to create Republic military guild, as I have yet to see armor that republic generals and other higher-ups wear (like Gen.Garza or Supreme Commander Rans).

It is much harder to create Republic military guild, as I have yet to see armor that republic generals and other higher-ups wear (like Gen.Garza or Supreme Commander Rans).

Having run an Imperial RP PA in the Original Star Wars MMO, I can tell you: You're doing it wrong if you have generals wearing full armor and serving on the front lines. There's no reason why a military PA's CO should be higher than a captain, or most, a major. I've seen military PAs look foolish because 2/3's of their guys were officers, they had a token sergeant and 2-3 privates.

Empire is not a military dictatorship, it is basically magocracy ("mages" (Sith) rule, anyone who can use The Force is automatically superior even to the highest military officer). Now that I stated that, to my reply.

Imperial military officer (or off-duty, I assume trooper are not always stuck in armor) armor is available from Cartel Market, agents get similar looking gear from quests, one drops from Hammer station, etc.

Inquisitor claims the Empire to be a meritocracy when speaking with Ashara.

Republic officer outfit is available from CE vendor but if you're looking to RP you can always pretend with pilot's outfit or the crafted white one.

Inquisitor claims the Empire to be a meritocracy when speaking with Ashara.

Republic officer outfit is available from CE vendor but if you're looking to RP you can always pretend with pilot's outfit or the crafted white one.

Meritocracy (rewards merits, so in theory you should be rewarded for your action appropriately), is in theory not exclusive with magocracy (mages rule) which is more fantasy version of theocracy (priest caste rules, could also be applied on the Sith Empire). However, your line comes from a Sith (a part of the ruling caste), which governs itself as meritocracy (the most powerful and succesful Sith rule other Sith)

My arguments for mago(theo)cracy come from several Agent conversations, where you are told that the will of the Sith ("mages", or "people with connection to some mystical power") is absolute, and you, or even Keeper and Minister of Intelligence, cannot defy them. Or that the ways of the Sith will always be the ways of the Empire. It is also seen how Imperials react to the presence of the Sith (even fake Sith, like Consular on Nar Shaddaa). They basically crap their pants