do u have all your characters on one server?

rocknerd

...or do you split them by republic // empire???

or some other method?

i have always kept my "good guy" alts and "bad guy" alts, on separate servers in all MMOs i have played.

but since we have 12 slots per server, that's enough to run (yes, i know i'm nuts) my 8 repubs and 4 bad guys all on one server.

is there any drawbacks to doing this? i know in the past some people were worried that certain legacy unlocks, say races for example, would only unlock per server? is this true?

anyways, i would love to hear what other "alt'ers" thinks about this.

cheers.

There's two very strong reasons for keeping all your alts on the same server:

1) Legacy. Legacy is server based. So all your legacy unlocks and perks only apply to the same server.

2) Mail. You can only send mail to characters on the same server. So if you want to keep your alts supplied or move mods around via legacy gear, this can only be done same server.

I have a lot of alts on both Imp and Rep sides and use them as a unit, crafting for each other, supplying each other. I know that some people will start foaming at the mouth about this, but I consider the 'family' of Legacy is stronger than factional loyalty :)

They are split, not by method or choice. Sure wish there was a way I could give Bioware money to bring them together. Can't imagine what that would possibly be though...

this for me too. except i don't want to pay real money. since my characters were split due to bioware's inaction when the servers died, i figure they should throw me a bone, though since it's been over a year i do not have any expectation.

1) Legacy. Legacy is server based. So all your legacy unlocks and perks only apply to the same server.

2) Mail. You can only send mail to characters on the same server. So if you want to keep your alts supplied or move mods around via legacy gear, this can only be done same server.

I have a lot of alts on both Imp and Rep sides and use them as a unit, crafting for each other, supplying each other. I know that some people will start foaming at the mouth about this, but I consider the 'family' of Legacy is stronger than factional loyalty :)

^Yes. All of that.

Unfortunately, my characters are split over 3 servers. When I first started playing, due to my bad internet connection, I had started toons on 4 servers as sometimes I would have less lag than on another. When the servers were merged I was able to combine my toons to 3 servers. I would love to have them all in one place though.

Unfortunately, my characters are split over 3 servers. When I first started playing, due to horrendous wait times at launch, I had started toons on 4 servers as sometimes I would have less wait time than on another. When the servers were merged I was able to combine my toons to 3 servers. I would love to have them all in one place though.

Fixed.

Edit: Also, my story.

Edited by DarthEccen

yup, same with me.

great points made by everyone, thanks a bunch. it helped me make up my mind, and time to go nuts and make my 4 new imp's and add them to the family!!!

cheers all!!!