The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Covered helmet as a temporarily hood solution

lokozar

Hi there,

what about adding a covered helmet (one of these invisible armor pieces)? If "shown", it would remove any worn hood, as other helmets do currently. If "not shown", the hood would be rendered again.

I suggest the droprates (from packs) for these things to be relatively high, because there are many players who wish for a hood toggle since launch. I think that would be fair. You could make a bit of money from it and many players get their hood toggle (at least till you created a "real" one).

The only downside would be having a Twi'lek character, since that wouldn't fix their Lekku-Hood-Problem.

Why? Technically it would be possible, simple. They just have to choose a mesh that already removes hoods and make it invisible (so, no textures at all). However, if BW is acting plain stupid again you could be right ...

Well, let's just hope for the best... Thanks for the answer!

I know it would be a good band aid before an actual hood toggle but considering their past action they are likely to release the covert energy headpiece that would not override the hood. It would be stupid and completely pointless, i know, because we have a hide helmet option for that. we don't need a headpiece that would work the entirely same way. That's why I am really hoping for them to release that covert energy headpieces quickly. :) 2.0 armor sets are really nice but the hoods...