The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Classes!

Make new classes! Make new Advance Classes!

You seem focused on the Cartel Market! How about you put effort into making these a Cartel Market item!

Blaster/Lightsaber Dual Wielding Force User? YES PLEASE!

Imperial Agent that uses a Blaster? YES PLEASE!

Imperial Agent Operatives use a Blaster..

Using a blaster and saber is just silly, How could you handle that. and use the stats to properly operate it.

Imperial Agents don't use a Blaster Pistol. Which is what I meant by Blaster.

Using a saber and blaster pistols is exactly what Luke does! Seemed to work great in Pirates of the Carribean as well.

And use the stats? Just like Dual Wielding Lightsabers now.

So for the sake of a new class they should add a new barrel item craft just for them?

Now then. I am TOTALLY FOR, letting gun users use other guns, and saber users able to use other saber types...

But they cant mix, game mechanics need to be applied first.

There should be no classes at all. Only abilities. If you want to use force, stealth, sniper riffle, heavy armor and two lightsabers you shouldn't be limited to D&D rules. In real world I can do several things and be good at them.

Ive seen some debate about this idea of new classes.

Some people say it would take to much money, some say there really isnt a need

because in the current system all the roles are covered.. etc..

First off .. If southpark can pump out a new episode fully animated and voiced in 6 days.

Im sure the issue of making a few new classes with the story line and voice work wouldnt

be that much of a huge undertaking for the devs at bioware who i am sure have a pretty efficient

system for that by now.

Secondly ... I believe if Bioware/EA really wants to bring back players to this already regrowing game.

It would be in their best interest to give us a "Real" expansion pack! Not just a new planet and 5 more levels.

Yes i agree there are still pre-existing issues that need to be addressed and promised features that need to be implemented. But the idea of adding new classes and features to the game would most definitely boost the games longevity.

Personally i would love to see an unarmed class added to the game you could started as a brawler and branch off into either a teras Kasi master or echani warrior. (fist weapons for teras kasi) and (polearms for the enchani)

New melee classes would be a great addition since not all melee fighters in the star wars universe use lightsabers.

for a second class it would be great to see a scout type class that could branch off into either a Beast master type class who can control certain creatures (which by the way you can make his comps and save money on the voice acting) or ranger support class that can give speed buffs and morals buffs of some sort ..

Not all roles have been covered in the game it lacks support classes.. It would be nice to see some for those who like that play style.

and these new class's can be within a new faction.. No not "The new Empire" run by malgus like i seen some others write (thats just stupid IMO) .. In the actually star wars universe there are 3 factions.. The Republic.. The Empire and The Underworld.. Adding an underworld faction to the game that can choose at a certain point in the game to pick allegiance to one of the other factions would be awesome .. One of the things that bug me the most about swtor is .. if you want to be a bounty hunter you have to be imperial, and if you want to be a smuggler you have to be republic.. Neither rarely hold allegiance to either side for the most part they go with who pays them the most. I think players should have the choice to do so as well with their characters.

And 3rd Give us some sort of player housing! .. let us place items like old armor and weapons down in our ships and houses.. or at least instanced apartment in some for the major citys!

Edited by Grimcen

There should be no classes at all. Only abilities. If you want to use force, stealth, sniper riffle, heavy armor and two lightsabers you shouldn't be limited to D&D rules. In real world I can do several things and be good at them.

if you've ever DMed D&D and then a skill absed RPG you'd realize why classes are so used. classes allow a GM to plan for a rough approximation of the skills and abilities of the characters. skill based means a near infinate combination of abilities. and in the end most people are gonna go with cookie cutter builds athat offer the best abilities for a role anyway

So for the sake of a new class they should add a new barrel item craft just for them?

Now then. I am TOTALLY FOR, letting gun users use other guns, and saber users able to use other saber types...

But they cant mix, game mechanics need to be applied first.

Why would a new barrel item need to be crafted?

END/CUNNING Stats

Medium Armor

Have the Melee/Force attacks of the class use the Cunning Stat.

Or switch Cunning for AIM and do the same thing. They'd have their own skills, so the skills they have can use whatever stat was decided on.

It could be a mostly melee class with a few ranged Force and Blaster options.

As for the Imperial Operative, we get cutscenes where we use a Blaster Pistol, it'd be nice to have the ability to match those cutscenes.

Ive seen some debate about this idea of new classes.

Some people say it would take to much money, some say there really isnt a need

because in the current system all the roles are covered.. etc..

First off .. If southpark can pump out a new episode fully animated and voiced in 6 days.

Im sure the issue of making a few new classes with the story line and voice work wouldnt

be that much of a huge undertaking for the devs at bioware who i am sure have a pretty efficient

system for that by now.

Secondly ... I believe if Bioware/EA really wants to bring back players to this already regrowing game.

It would be in their best interest to give us a "Real" expansion pack! Not just a new planet and 5 more levels.

Yes i agree there are still pre-existing issues that need to be addressed and promised features that need to be implemented. But the idea of adding new classes and features to the game would most definitely boost the games longevity.

Personally i would love to see an unarmed class added to the game you could started as a brawler and branch off into either a teras Kasi master or echani warrior. (fist weapons for teras kasi) and (polearms for the enchani)

New melee classes would be a great addition since not all melee fighters in the star wars universe use lightsabers.

for a second class it would be great to see a scout type class that could branch off into either a Beast master type class who can control certain creatures (which by the way you can make his comps and save money on the voice acting) or ranger support class that can give speed buffs and morals buffs of some sort ..

Not all roles have been covered in the game it lacks support classes.. It would be nice to see some for those who like that play style.

and these new class's can be within a new faction.. No not "The new Empire" run by malgus like i seen some others write (thats just stupid IMO) .. In the actually star wars universe there are 3 factions.. The Republic.. The Empire and The Underworld.. Adding an underworld faction to the game that can choose at a certain point in the game to pick allegiance to one of the other factions would be awesome .. One of the things that bug me the most about swtor is .. if you want to be a bounty hunter you have to be imperial, and if you want to be a smuggler you have to be republic.. Neither rarely hold allegiance to either side for the most part they go with who pays them the most. I think players should have the choice to do so as well with their characters.

And 3rd Give us some sort of player housing! .. let us place items like old armor and weapons down in our ships and houses.. or at least instanced apartment in some for the major citys!

1st. South Park Only needs to work on 30 minutes of voice work and story, while putting drawings on a pre-set background.

SWTOR would need to add hour and hours of voice acting, then double it for the other gender, then (maybe?) double it for 5 companions, craft original companions, work on balancing powers and abilities, create an original story for the overall storyline and backgrounds for the companions, create new enemies (for the story, not for general combat) and give them stories and get VA work done for them, craft new levels for the chapter climaxes if they don't want another "Dragon Age 2"-esque complaint about reusing levels, etc. etc., so it's a lot more then you're giving them credit for.

2nd. Technically, that's all WoW does (usually) other then adding new races (which is what SWTOR is working on with Cathar), so they are probably going by that bench mark since WoW is still the most successful MMO.

3rd. I agree, I'd like player housing or ship customization

The south park thing was pointing towards more on the voice acting element... but however they still Plan out the episode plot... send it to animation.. (which by the way is no longer done with construction paper but in a program like 3d max or maya.. And yes there are some templates like the houses etc.. but if you really pay attention to the newer shows a lot more goes into them then you give credit for that are not reused assets.. its still a huge undertaking that they accomplish in just 6 days..) That being said Swtor already have the pre existing assets as well, as far as background. Yes they would have to make new models for gear and link them to the different races etc.. but they are already doing that every time they make a new armor set.. All the animations for class's like i have mentioned are already in game. for example.. A beast master sends out his pet to attack and you see him point "go that way" how many times have you finished a flashpoint and seen that while clicking the shuttle door and everyone points at the door? we make jokes about that all the time in my guild.. Anyway all the assets are in the game as far as animations, all the devs would have to do is make 4 new classes each with there Novice sub class vanilla skills and some new dialogue (voice acting for class quests) What is that ? 2 episodes equivalent to a tv show maybe four? What? they dont make enough money to call in a few low rent actors to do the voices? then of course the artists would have to make some new FX for the skills. As a 3d modeler/artist myself (and no not an amateur) i know its not hard or that time consuming to do and it sure as hell don't cost anything but a bit of time. Beside They are doing this already with this new expansion its not a far fetched idea.. Ultimately the real work would be with the programmers, they would have to code in the new faction and skills to go with the new classes, But its not that far off to what they have already written.. hell most of it could copied and pasted.. lol JK but it is possible..

As far as player housing yeah that would would be a whole new element and have to be done from scratch but i think it would be worth it in the end for the longevity of the game.. For example when swtor launched i was playing eq2 prior to beta testing this game. A couple months went by and i noticed my server die! (Krayt Dragon) My guild and some other friends that left all told me when i asked "why did you leave" answer: I capped and got bored.. there was nothing to do but stand in fleet and chat.. then they all said if they gave them something else to do in the game like maybe a house to craft in and/or personalize. They would have stuck around.. What EA/Bioware dont realize is alot of the players they got at launch were not just from wow but from games like eq2 and refuges from star wars galaxies (RIP) and lotro, Which all have/had playing housing.. Now all you have are a f2p players that troll the f2p system and people that ping pong back and forth from wow .. Personally i love the stories swtor has to offer Bioware are amazing at that, I play all of their games religiously... But this game lacks social elements and there is a yearning from the mmo community to have them in an up to date game that didnt come out 8 years ago. Mark my words add social elements such as housing gm run events (on the regular) add new class's and you will be what you wanted to be from the get go .. The game to finally dethrone WOW.

Why would a new barrel item need to be crafted?

END/CUNNING Stats

Medium Armor

Have the Melee/Force attacks of the class use the Cunning Stat.

Or switch Cunning for AIM and do the same thing. They'd have their own skills, so the skills they have can use whatever stat was decided on.

It could be a mostly melee class with a few ranged Force and Blaster options.

As for the Imperial Operative, we get cutscenes where we use a Blaster Pistol, it'd be nice to have the ability to match those cutscenes.

This would be cool as well and yeah it would come done to the programmers.. There are plenty of characters in the movies and extended universe that use sabers along with blasters or melee weapons with rifles.. Kyle Katarn, Cade skywalker just to name a couple..

But since this is a game it would take balancing and possibly nerfing of one or the other, But then again Kyle is a terrible shot and Cade sucks at using his saber :p

Dont get me wrong i love sandbox character progression, But the way this game is written i doubt they would do anything like that.. Star wars galaxies was originally like that (sort of) until they ruined it and turned it in to a class system..

if you've ever DMed D&D and then a skill absed RPG you'd realize why classes are so used. classes allow a GM to plan for a rough approximation of the skills and abilities of the characters. skill based means a near infinate combination of abilities. and in the end most people are gonna go with cookie cutter builds athat offer the best abilities for a role anyway

Pretty much.

Only the players that just play for fun will play how they like, the others go for the BEST spec regardless of how fun it is to them, as long as its the best.

Pretty much.

Only the players that just play for fun will play how they like, the others go for the BEST spec regardless of how fun it is to them, as long as its the best.

And those types would argue that's what is fun for them, though truthfully, it never seem to last long for them. :p

But I'mnot even asking for freeforall builds for TOR, just more variety.

Lightsaber and Blaster combo is iconic Luke! Imperial Agent able to use Blaster Pistol just fits the cutscenes.