Is my plan for leveling all 8 classes feasible?

carnac_fett

I'd just like some opinions on how much success I'd have with this method.

Let's say I create two characters (on the same server) to serve as my "mains" - yes, I know you're only supposed to have one main, but bear with me.

One is Imperial, the other Republic.

On these two characters, I do pretty much all the content in the game. All quests, and plenty of dailies, flashpoints, and PvP once I'm at the level cap. Maybe some operations too.

Would those two characters be able to provide enough Legacy levels and credits to allow me to play through the class storylines of the other six classes without having to do the generic 'all classes' quests, through the use of XP boosting traits and stuff?

Or would I still come up short?

I doubt Double XP weekends will factor into this plan since I'll still be leveling my first character a month from now, so I'm not taking them into account.

I'm hoping to hear from someone who's done something similar to this, but all input is welcome. Thanks everyone!

Edited by carnac_fett

Each class quest for all 8 classes are completely different. If I understand the way you intend to run this, you would still see all of the class quests, but without the filler quests in between...you won't have the levels needed to continue on and have any hopes of success with the other 6 characters. That is unless you fill the missing level gaps with space or PvP. Just my 2 cents, spend em how you will.

do what i did....

when I couldn't bare to do same crap grinding I "hired" level 50 from my guild to boost me on my class missions, we did 2-3 planets a day until I've finished chapter 3.

when that was done I leveled that character whichever way I liked.... it's on level 42 now (guardian jedi) for about 6 months or so but basic idea is that if I don't enjoy the mechanics of that specific class I don't want to bother level it up 50 levels on loads of missions for weeks I prefer just to see the class story (as all stories are connected in some way) and level to 50 that classes which I enjoy and plan to do end game content with.

Would those two characters be able to provide enough Legacy levels and credits to allow me to play through the class storylines of the other six classes without having to do the generic 'all classes' quests, through the use of XP boosting traits and stuff?

Short answer, no.

It will however, make it easier, as you can unlock the legacy perks for extra xp, and the cash your first toon makes can help twink your next, and that makes blasting through content quicker and easier.

Really? :(

Even with all the XP bonuses?

Maybe all I can do is hope there are more double xp weekends in 2014, lol.

During this Dbl XP weekend I leveled my alt from 40 - 46 in 2 days. He had no legacy boosts except for 2 1-hour boosters. Considering leveling in the game gets VERY slow at around 40 - 50, I imagine if I played a fresh toon at the beginning of the Dbl XP weekend to Sunday then I would probably be level 30ish by the time it ended.

There's just not enough xps in just the class missions alone. Even with cartel and legacy boosts + rested xps you will come up short (outside of bonus weekends) and need to supplement somehow (pvp, space, side missions).

What you could do however is cherry pick. Some planets are more fun than others, so on the ones you enjoy you could do most of the side missions and overlevel a bit, allowing you to skip more on planets you don't enjoy.

Also, certain classes can solo H2 and even H4 easily. Stealth classes and any class that can heal their companion especially. Apart from the ones which are really grindy (lots of elites needing to be killed) the H2 / H4 missions are usually a good return for time invested and also a good fun challenge solo (I'm assuming solo is your goal here).

If there's a way you can possibly take advantage of the forthcoming double xp weekends I would try to do so. It will give your characters a chance to overlevel the content so you can pick and choose later.

I have leveled several on just doing the class quests, planet quests and doing space missions. No pvp, no flashpoints, and no planet bonus series,( I did do all the bonus parts of the missions I did take and complete) and that was before all the extra xp you can get with boosts, and the legacy extras you could add as well. I did however let the rested xp cap at around level 34-36 and then just did like a level to a level and a half or more sometimes per day till 50. Doing that I was able to keep the rested xp all the way to 50. I hope this advice helps.

I would suggest making a Cybertech very early on if not your first character at that, so you can make your own mods and armorings. Honestly with 10 at 50 and 19 total characters, cybertech has saved me time and money keeping my characters and companions very well geared, which also makes leveling easier and faster as well. Level 50 daily's will certainly help fund your future characters too.

Good luck and have fun!

You cannot get from 1-50 on just the class quests regardless of experience bonuses via legacy and cartel packs EXCEPT on double xp weekends. I know, I've tried.

Your best bet, if you're not going to use the double-xp weekends, is to get all your alts rolled and through their origin worlds (~4 hours each), then stationed on Fleet. Run one or two of them a day through whatever you find fun (flash points, pvp, space, whatever) while they have rested xp. Use different alts on different days.

It's tricky. Some class quests are much shorter and thus net less XP than others.

I did mostly class quests on my Consular and hit a road block at 36 on Hoth, where I finished my class quests but couldn't continue because the final boss of act 2 was +5 to me. I did some crap on Hoth levelled up and killed the +4 boss, but again hit the road block because Belsavis was a 40+ and I was 37. Doable, sure, but painful and slow. I did everything on Quesh [free XP planet] so I had to go back to Balmorra and do the bonus series, which was extremely easy and netted pretty decent XP. [or i could have just PVP'd but i've gotten sick of it lately]

Anyway i digress: It's doable but you will probably hit a road block at some point where you have to ding at least once. to continue onwards.

Until you hit 47, then its quite easy to finish out your class quests without issue.