This Is Madness

RabidTwinkie

Might be nice for you to READ my post first. "Not many like Fett". I never said "No one liked Fette"...

Nextly, wait... Never mind.

Pretty much your entire post is based off misreading one thing I said. Besides, you can't deny it, most of the people who like Fetta have never, and will never, read the EU on him.

Also "Pick up some arguments from Beniboybling" Kiss up much? :D

Everyone knows Beni and Aubere are the kings around here >.> we've indeed noticed allready the fact that their arguments are some of the few well constructed ones on the forum....

Ahem...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted Yoda over Darth Vader. Good guys 4ever! :D
NO.

Wherever there is light, a shadow will be cast.

So long as there are heroes, villains will rise up to cast them down.

For every victory, for every good work, there are two more defeats, two more acts of darkness to cancel them out.

Mwa-hahaha. :jawa_evil:

Fett's EU was fan service because for whatever reasons, so many people thought that getting sent into a Sarlaac like a chump was cool.

He only got the accomplishments Fandalorians like to boast about because of the insanely overrated status he received just by being in the movies for a handful of seconds. That undeserved popularity allowed the authors of the EU to stroke the Fandalorians.

I would like to point out that Boba Fett played a fairly large role in Episode V. He was the one who tracked the Millenium Falcon to the Cloud City, basically enabling the final act of that film. So much for only "being in the movies for a handful of seconds", right?

Furthermore, this whole argument that the EU authors only expanded his story because he's cool... so what?

The same was done for Darth Maul, and Admiral Ackbar, and Mon Mothma, and Wedge Antilles, and dozens of other characters. That's why the EU exists, pal, is to expand (it is the EXPANDED universe) on the characters we know from the films. From there, it eventually led to creating whole new eras and characters. Like the one this game is based on.

Even George Lucas has said that Boba Fett was intended to be the best bounty hunter in the galaxy during the film era. That's a significant accomplishment, he wasn't exactly a side character. Now, IG-88? That guy was in the movies for a couple seconds and has an equally elaborate backstory. Why aren't you complaining about him?

The fact is, George Lucas created Boba Fett and then allowed other authors to expand on his story, and from the entire Mandalorian society emerged and became part of the fabric of Star Wars. It's only after Karen Traviss got her hands on the material that things devolved into a whole mess with "Fandalorians" going ham about how the Jedi were weak and the galaxy could easily belong to the Mandalorians.

Then again, Travesty did the same thing to the Halo novels with Glasslands. She took the character of Dr. Catherine Halsey and bashed her into the ground, simultaneously rewriting the personalities of the surviving SPARTANs and several other characters, all to support her own tirades against a single character. She's basically the reason we can't have nice things.

His achievements are not much better than Jar Jar's, who unwittingly helped put the Clone Wars into motion and became a Senator.

Who is to say that Jar Jar did that unwittingly? I'm personally in the camp that Jar Jar was fully aware of his actions and was just getting revenge on the Gungan council for banishing him and treating him like trash all those years ago. His deal with Palpatine was probably: "I'll vote you emergency powers, but in return you have to carry out the Gungan Genocide after the war."

Done and done. Jar Jar was probably laughing it up on his way out of the Senate.

Edited by Ventessel

Also "Pick up some arguments from Beniboybling" Kiss up much? :D

Everyone knows Beni and Aubere are the kings around here >.> we've indeed noticed allready the fact that their arguments are some of the few well constructed ones on the forum....

Thou doth protest too much, ma'am.

I

These are some pretty interesting accusations of conspiracy from the authors of the EU.

They are also baseless, far fetched, and without evidence. These are not an argument, these are assertions.

And even if this was true.... so what? It's still canon. It still "happened" in the Star Wars Universe. My reasons for liking Boba are still just as justifiable.

My accusations and assertions were merely an opinion. I also fully support your liking Boba Fett. Clearly he has a lot of fans. I am just not one of them and fully believe that he is grossly overrated.

Who is to say that Jar Jar did that unwittingly? I'm personally in the camp that Jar Jar was fully aware of his actions and was just getting revenge on the Gungan council for banishing him and treating him like trash all those years ago. His deal with Palpatine was probably: "I'll vote you emergency powers, but in return you have to carry out the Gungan Genocide after the war."

Done and done. Jar Jar was probably laughing it up on his way out of the Senate.

Good point. Jar Jar could very well have been fully aware of what he was doing.

NO.

Wherever there is light, a shadow will be cast.

So long as there are heroes, villains will rise up to cast them down.

For every victory, for every good work, there are two more defeats, two more acts of darkness to cancel them out.

Mwa-hahaha. :jawa_evil:

The dark in generous.

Its first gift is concealment: our true faces lie in the dark beneath our skins, our true hearts remain shadowed deeper still. But the greatest concealment lies not in protecting our secret truths, but in hiding from us the truths of others.

The dark protects us from what we dare not know.

Its second gift is comforting illusion: the ease of gentle dreams in night's embrace, the beauty that imagination brings to what would repel in day's harsh light. But the greatest of its comforts is the illusion that the dark is temporary: that every night brings a new day. Because it is day that is temporary.

Day is the illusion.

Its third gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite black through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings forth from the center of its own self.

With each victory of the light, it is the dark that wins.

The dark is generous, and it is patient.

It is the dark that seeds cruelty into justice, that drips contempt into compassion, that poisons love with grains of doubt.

The dark can be patient, because the slightest drop of rain will cause those seeds to sprout.

The rain will come, and the seeds will sprout, for the dark is the soil in which they grow, and it is the clouds above them, and it waits behind the star that gives them light.

The dark's patience is infinite.

Eventually even stars burn out.

The darkness is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.

It always wins because it is everywhere.

It is in the wood that burns in your heart, and in the kettle on the fire, it is under your chair and under your table and under the sheets on your bed. Walk in the midday sun and the dark is with you, attached to the soles of your feet.

The brightest lights cast the darkest shadows.

My accusations and assertions were merely an opinion. I also fully support your liking Boba Fett. Clearly he has a lot of fans. I am just not one of them and fully believe that he is grossly overrated.

Gotcha. While I would still argue that one can never claim something is "Overrated", we agree it is your opinion. And that's more then enough for me! :D

Agreed. :)

Edited by Swissbob

Good point. Jar Jar could very well have been fully aware of what he was doing.

Jar Jar probably was just pretending to be an idiot when he met Qui-Gon so the Jedi would protect him and so forth. Notice that in the second film he dropped the goofy stupidity and took being a Senator pretty seriously. It seems that there is more to Jar jar than meets the eye.

Like the people my post was aimed at have been doing to sidious?

But we're getting off topic >.> Lets not turn this into another Revan debate :L

I'm a sucker for the good guys, even my sith are lightside in this game, so I voted yoda... That, and well.... HE'S SO EPIC!

Edited by Selenial

The dark in generous.

Its first gift is concealment: our true faces lie in the dark beneath our skins, our true hearts remain shadowed deeper still. But the greatest concealment lies not in protecting our secret truths, but in hiding from us the truths of others.

The dark protects us from what we dare not know.

Its second gift is comforting illusion: the ease of gentle dreams in night's embrace, the beauty that imagination brings to what would repel in day's harsh light. But the greatest of its comforts is the illusion that the dark is temporary: that every night brings a new day. Because it is day that is temporary.

Day is the illusion.

Its third gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite black through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings forth from the center of its own self.

With each victory of the light, it is the dark that wins.

The dark is generous, and it is patient.

It is the dark that seeds cruelty into justice, that drips contempt into compassion, that poisons love with grains of doubt.

The dark can be patient, because the slightest drop of rain will cause those seeds to sprout.

The rain will come, and the seeds will sprout, for the dark is the soil in which they grow, and it is the clouds above them, and it waits behind the star that gives them light.

The dark's patience is infinite.

Eventually even stars burn out.

The darkness is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.

It always wins because it is everywhere.

It is in the wood that burns in your heart, and in the kettle on the fire, it is under your chair and under your table and under the sheets on your bed. Walk in the midday sun and the dark is with you, attached to the soles of your feet.

The brightest lights cast the darkest shadows.

The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins--but in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.

Love is more then a candle.

Love can ignite the stars.

Seriously though, I'm really surprised Yoda won. Bravo to my little green dude.

Voted Yoda over Darth Vader. Good guys 4ever! :D

I'm a sucker for the good guys, even my sith are lightside in this game, so I voted yoda... That, and well.... HE'S SO EPIC!

Seriously though, I'm really surprised Yoda won. Bravo to my little green dude.

You are all traitors to the Empire. You will be interrogated, tortured, you will give us the names of your friends and allies. And then you will die.

No but really, I was genuinely surprised at this outcome. I really thought Vader would topple Yoda with ease. It seems I underestimate the little green man. That or the tournament was rigged. :jawa_wink:

And what's this about another tournament next year, how does that work? Regardless, we shall indeed double our efforts. For the Emperor! :D

P.S. Love the poem Doc, who's that by?

You are all traitors to the Empire. You will be interrogated, tortured, you will give us the names of your friends and allies. And then you will die.

No but really, I was genuinely surprised at this outcome. I really thought Vader would topple Yoda with ease. It seems I underestimate the little green man. That or the tournament was rigged. :jawa_wink:

And what's this about another tournament next year, how does that work? Regardless, we shall indeed double our efforts. For the Emperor! :D

P.S. Love the poem Doc, who's that by?

Look at the percentages....

Vader beat Fett with the same ammount as he beat Jabba.

Obi wan lost to yoda by the same ammount he beat solo....

Final match was the only one with 2 round figures...

R2 lost to yoda with the same percent leia lost to him,

:mon_trap:

This is just depressing. First Han Solo loses, then the ICON OF STAR WARS ITSELF, Darth Vader, is defeated by a bit-character like Yoda. (I will find the people who voted for him, and "convince" them of the error of their ways.)

I'm going to have to find that clip of Yoda getting smacked around by Sidious to make myself feel better about the universe and humanity, otherwise I might need to punt a puppy...

I always did love this line, cause just the way he said that last part lol. He was all like

"....and then you will die." /slight head turn. Lmao it was perfect.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi