Best (Under 50) PvP Build?

Swaaggger

Assuming level 20 or 30 up til 49... what is the best tree for a PvP Assassin?

I've read that 23/1/17 doesn't really shine until you are in 50s. Is full deception the best? Thoughts??

Currently leveling my sin and I'm going full deception(leveled as infiltration on my shadow). IMO it really shines once you get Low Slash. That ability is so very good.I think if all your points are in deception, you can get it once you're 30.

I ran with this spec and I loved it loads of cc and burst.

Wakajinn 0/27/14

My personal favorite spec for dps. Besides myself and Majinn, nobody I know of runs this spec. So I’ll just go out on a limb and call this the Wakajinn spec (if Xinika can make up names for specs so can I). Basically, you’re a deception spec with Death Field over Voltaic Slash. Though you lose out on additional Shock damage and a slightly more damaging (not really though since we’re discounting Claws of Decay) spammable melee attack, you gain Death Field, which is more than worth it.

At 31 I am running 2/3/17 I am eventually going for the 24/1/17, I was running 8/1/13 but I find the extra dmg on thrash and insta WW is awesome. I put 3 in the maul proc since the 2 points in another tree at the moment do not provide anything better.

I love this insta WW in Hypergate catching the fools out in the bomb if you time it right you can sap 1, WW another and speed back in. Besides I figure gotta enjoy the WW while I can before 2.0 drops

I use a Thrash, Shock, DF plus Maul on proc rotation in some order. I like to run the tank charge for guard. When I get some more points I will likely mess around with Decption as well. I would recommend changing specs and seeing what you like and depending on your level you need to adapt the build.

Thank you all for the excellent tips so far. I am definitely going to experiment with the specs you guys have listed.

For that Wakajinn build, what does your rotation/priority look like? Also should I put points into Deception or Madness 1st (I believe I have 20 pts to distribute atm)

Thank you all for the excellent tips so far. I am definitely going to experiment with the specs you guys have listed.

For that Wakajinn build, what does your rotation/priority look like? Also should I put points into Deception or Madness 1st (I believe I have 20 pts to distribute atm)

You should really probably go full Deception until 40 (when you can get your 31st pt in the tree), then respec however you like. If you try doing a hybrid before then you're going to be a lot more clunky and weak, because you don't have enough points in any tree to make anything worthwhile.

Also Waka's build felt great for me when I had Recklessness available to use (I'm talking 100-0 targets in like 5 GCDs with a Duplicity proc.) But it didn't feel nearly as bursty as full Deception without it. Maybe I played it bad, I dunno. I've seen Waka's stream and he didn't have that problem. You're also tankier with full Deception due to 30% increased armor, and you can permanently kite or catch any target since talented Force Slow's duration matches its CD.

If you do try Wakajinn, put points into Deception first. Blackout, Fade, and all those other goodies are too sexy to pass up. Also, in Wakajinn you run Surging Charge. You can only get that by going into Deception.

Edited by AnusReaper

At 31 I am running 2/3/17 I am eventually going for the 24/1/17, I was running 8/1/13 but I find the extra dmg on thrash and insta WW is awesome. I put 3 in the maul proc since the 2 points in another tree at the moment do not provide anything better.

I love this insta WW in Hypergate catching the fools out in the bomb if you time it right you can sap 1, WW another and speed back in. Besides I figure gotta enjoy the WW while I can before 2.0 drops

I use a Thrash, Shock, DF plus Maul on proc rotation in some order. I like to run the tank charge for guard. When I get some more points I will likely mess around with Decption as well. I would recommend changing specs and seeing what you like and depending on your level you need to adapt the build.

Would your burst with those pts in Madness be significantly lower than Deception-oriented specs?

Also Waka's build felt great for me when I had Recklessness available to use (I'm talking 100-0 targets in like 5 GCDs with a Duplicity proc.) But it didn't feel nearly as bursty as full Deception without it. Maybe I played it bad, I dunno. I've seen Waka's stream and he didn't have that problem. You're also tankier with full Deception due to 30% increased armor, and you can permanently kite or catch any target since talented Force Slow's duration matches its CD.

With Waka's build, he doesn't put those 2 points in "Insulation" to get the 30% extra armor rating, does he?

Also, isn't armor worthless in PvP due to it not helping with yellow damage attacks (correct me if I am wrong on this please!)

• 2 weeks later...

With Waka's build, he doesn't put those 2 points in "Insulation" to get the 30% extra armor rating, does he?

Also, isn't armor worthless in PvP due to it not helping with yellow damage attacks (correct me if I am wrong on this please!)

No, he doesn't. This is his build. And to the guy who stole Waka's paragraph and spec with out quoting him, come on. I know most people know the source, but come on.

This is the spec. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZfhbRkfbRbZf0cRR.2 and this is the original thread and best sin guide pre 2.0 http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=548258

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.