Leveling Gear

Arandariel

An idea for Cartel is Leveling Gear.

One without mods, but that levels with you, in the specific type you want.

IE: If you choose a Strength Top and Endurance leg armor, the Top will be the highest in Strength and the pants in Endurance.

Each part would be sold apart for a decent amount of cash (say 1000 Cartel Coins a piece), and each would be available in the type of boost you want: IE; Aim, Strength, Endurance, Cunning, ....

This way you would be able to truly build a custom character.

Thoughts, ideas, comments?

Do post them, but be polite and refrain from insults or flaming.

Thank you.

• 5 months later...

This is a great idea but the elite will never have it. From this idea it's not much of a reach to have end game gear the same way. Your just getting the cold shoulder I'm shocked someone has not hit you with the "pay to win" gripe

but the GT is all pay to win, it just matters who is getting payed. LOL

I suppose aslong as the cartel market price was high for each piece to make it costly It may provide a decent alternative if you prepared to pay the cost. This on the condition it did not become a collection unlock as eventually that would make all standard gear worthless(Although some may argue we are already along that road a fair way with collections and allowing secondary sales on GTN from adaptive sets from CM).

Rathar than just restricting this to Cartel market It could be a option to have a in game vendor for selling this gear for high credits a peice only if you have achived a high enough legacy level. That way its a attractive alternative for the long standing players who would no doubt have a fair amount of credits to purchase such pieces for any new alts. Interesting idea: cool:

Edited by NOTACTICS

So let kill crafting at all and make more P2W rage in forums?

How about NO!

Hmmm, pay 10k each for 8 armorings for level 15 that lasts 5-7 levels meaning I need to pay 80k per 5-7 levels??? sorry, but crafters are too greedy, considering how cheap it is to make the armorings.

Besides, I have gone from 11, right up to 40 with quest gear because no one made any armorings, so I don't really think it would affect crafters that much, if at all.

I personally think this levelling gear idea is a good one, I would so spend money for these auto-levelling gear, it would be cool to be able to buy a weapon, helm, chest, gloves, belt and so on, even if its for 2k each, it would be worth it.

The gear could be adaptive, which means it would change the stats to suit the class using them, so it could basically be used by any class, the weapons however depending on the weapon would be specific to the class.

In the end, the ony reliable way to get armorings when you need them is to make them yourself and I find crafting annoying and there really should be an alternative, so this levelling gear is the alternative.

Hmmm, pay 10k each for 8 armorings for level 15 that lasts 5-7 levels meaning I need to pay 80k per 5-7 levels??? sorry, but crafters are too greedy, considering how cheap it is to make the armorings.

Besides, I have gone from 11, right up to 40 with quest gear because no one made any armorings, so I don't really think it would affect crafters that much, if at all.

I personally think this levelling gear idea is a good one, I would so spend money for these auto-levelling gear, it would be cool to be able to buy a weapon, helm, chest, gloves, belt and so on, even if its for 2k each, it would be worth it.

The gear could be adaptive, which means it would change the stats to suit the class using them, so it could basically be used by any class, the weapons however depending on the weapon would be specific to the class.

In the end, the ony reliable way to get armorings when you need them is to make them yourself and I find crafting annoying and there really should be an alternative, so this levelling gear is the alternative.

You hate crafting, so it has to be killed for all others?

Only way such gear would not be P2W is to have 2 - 4 level lower stat than your character level.

Would you buy it then?

What next, premade 55 characters in Kel Dragon for 500$ on CM?

So let kill crafting at all and make more P2W rage in forums?

How about NO!

To be honest Armortech and Synweathing crafting as it is is dead really already for making armour it is only useful for end game agument kits and agments themselves. This due the rise of more easily available adapative gear from collections and being able to sell CM adaptive sets on GTN plus removing the planet bound comms restrictions so making it easier now to go the adapative route. Crafting on these crafts is real drain on time and credits for little benefit in crafted gear for your level, the times and costs on Gather missions is just silly. Far too much time and/or credits is required to keep the craft level alongside your fast player leveling when compared to just going the adaptive route.

I am not against this idea along as it was costly to do for armour piece and like I say maybe reward high legacy players with a vendor to buy such gear with credits. As long as it does not totally kill standard gear why not.

To be honest Armortech and Synweathing crafting as it is is dead really already for making armour it is only useful for end game agument kits and agments themselves. This due the rise of more easily available adapative gear from collections and being able to sell CM adaptive sets on GTN plus removing the planet bound comms restrictions so making it easier now to go the adapative route. Crafting on these crafts is real drain on time and credits for little benefit in crafted gear for your level, the times and costs on Gather missions is just silly. Far too much time and/or credits is required to keep the craft level alongside your fast player leveling when compared to just going the adaptive route.

I am not against this idea along as it was costly to do for armour piece and like I say maybe reward high legacy players with a vendor to buy such gear with credits. As long as it does not totally kill standard gear why not.

Issue is that OP ask for CM stat gear that is tied with character level (may be for 6-8 levels but will be P2W - you get better gear from CM than is available in game, +41 crystals are enough thanks).

If such ones are made as 450 BoE/BoL (on use) Arms/Synth/CT/Bio/Arm/Art and have green gear of level equivalent I will be all up for it, but for CM ones - again how about NO.

Your argument is - Arms/Synt are almost killed so let totally kill CT & Artifice to have them seem better (due to augments & augment kits).

Issue is that OP ask for CM stat gear that is tied with character level (may be for 6-8 levels but will be P2W - you get better gear from CM than is available in game, +41 crystals are enough thanks).

If such ones are made as 450 BoE/BoL (on use) Arms/Synth/CT/Bio/Arm/Art and have green gear of level equivalent I will be all up for it, but for CM ones - again how about NO.

Your argument is - Arms/Synt are almost killed so let totally kill CT & Artifice to have them seem better (due to augments & augment kits).

I Guess It depends on how it would auto scale up maybe make equivilent in esculating stats to upgarding your char with Blue gear as you go along. Hence custom /adaptive gear will still be the best way so mods will still be in demand. I agree that you should not pay to win. This is why I suggest maybe offer such a option to buy auto leveling gear to long standing players as a legacy only perk where you can access a vendor to buy the gear from useful then for your future companions on future alts. if you have a high enough legacy ;)

Edited by NOTACTICS

I Guess It depends on how it would auto scale up maybe make equivilent in esculating stats to upgarding your char with Blue gear as you go along. Hence custom /adaptive gear will still be the best way so mods will still be in demand. I agree that you should not pay to win. This is why I suggest maybe offer such a option to buy auto leveling gear to long standing players as a legacy only perk where you can access a vendor to buy the gear from useful then for your future companions on future alts. if you have a high enough legacy ;)

Blue will be more than almost all players have accessible till level 7 (first items) - 14 (whole set) ... it may seems small but will be as bad (or much worse) as +41 crystals.

Doesn't PvP start at level 10?

How many full sets drops/can be crafted till level 10?

Everyone will go to buy those will real money or rage-quiting when see that his next alt is dumped for real money.

If such thing is ever implemented it has to be crafted/vendored or dumped 2 levels bellow current green items (with even some items providing no stats till level 10 - 14) if CM -ed.

Are this game so hard that you opt to make P2W gear for starter levels?

And when P2W gear come - do you think it will stop with first 15 levels?

Ask yourself - do you want to see pre-made 55 with Kel Dragon on CM?

Edited by morfius

Blue will be more than almost all players have accessible till level 7 (first items) - 14 (whole set) ... it may seems small but will be as bad (or much worse) as +41 crystals.

Doesn't PvP start at level 10?

How many full sets drops/can be crafted till level 10?

Everyone will go to buy those will real money or rage-quiting when see that his next alt is dumped for real money.

If such thing is ever implemented it has to be crafted/vendored or dumped 2 levels bellow current green items (with even some items providing no stats till level 10 - 14) if CM -ed.

Are this game so hard that you opt to make P2W gear for starter levels?

And when P2W gear come - do you think it will stop with first 15 levels?

Ask yourself - do you want to see pre-made 55 with Kel Dragon on CM?

Look I have a legacy of 50. I've been playing since beta. Your no pay to win argument is pointless when your very next sentence is I craft x,y and z pay me to win.

Have players like myself not invested enough time or resources to the game to have access to end game gear? I don't care about pre made 55's if there's a demand for it. How does it effect you?

So please stop with the play to win rants unless your willing to say "you can only pay me to win". I have a 55 cyber that can make purple mods for every 5th level. The reason these end up being so pricey is because of how rare the purple drops are from underworld training.

Make the crafters happy and the pay me to win croud happy by adding a crafters assembly kit to keep them going. But honestly outside of lvl55 mods all crafting has left is dyes and augments.

The only real reason I agree to this levelling gear is because of the following reasons:

1: Majority of crafters of mods (I have a set of adaptive gear in my collection, as well as weapons) tend to overcharge, I can be fine with a little bit of an overcharge, its their time and all, but paying 10k+ for level 15 mods is totally insane...I stick to blue quality mods, purple is just overall during the levelling phase of the game.

2: When I find a crafter willing to make the mods for a decent price (slightly more then what its worth, but its an acceptable overcharge), they demand a tip AND I provide the materials as well.......its just insulting and they wonder why crafting is dead? I am not against paying tips, but I refuse to provide materials, pay for his time AND give him a tip too.

3: When I look for mods on the GTN, there is either none there for my character or its 10x overpriced.

In the end, its either stick to quest gear, make your own or be rich.

I do not care about premades, I level my own characters thank you, I just want a way I can happily level up without worrying about how I will proceed when my gear gets too outdated to carry on, because so far, with a full set of adaptive gear, I need to spend between 75k right up to 100k for level 15 mods and the price steadily increases every 5-7 levels.

This is why I totally agree with the levelling gear on the CM, it won't be the best for its level, but it will be good enough, the wow heirlooms are considered blue quality of the items level, so purple quality will be better, so if you are a crafter yourself, this idea wouldn't really affect you gear-wise, it would only mean you can't rip off other players as much and I guess that's the real reason behind the whole hissy fit about the whole stupid Pay-2-Win.

Look I have a legacy of 50. I've been playing since beta. Your no pay to win argument is pointless when your very next sentence is I craft x,y and z pay me to win.

Have players like myself not invested enough time or resources to the game to have access to end game gear? I don't care about pre made 55's if there's a demand for it. How does it effect you?

So please stop with the play to win rants unless your willing to say "you can only pay me to win". I have a 55 cyber that can make purple mods for every 5th level. The reason these end up being so pricey is because of how rare the purple drops are from underworld training.

Make the crafters happy and the pay me to win croud happy by adding a crafters assembly kit to keep them going. But honestly outside of lvl55 mods all crafting has left is dyes and augments.

I understand that the purple quality materials for purple quality mods are so rare, hence why they are expensive and I never moan about their prices, but I do moan about blue quality, paying 10k for something of blue quality at level 15 is just insane, hence why I want to avoid buying from crafters.

I am not against working with them, but it feels like I am being conned by them at every moment I buy from them....well, most of them anyway.

The only real reason I agree to this levelling gear is because of the following reasons:

1: Majority of crafters of mods (I have a set of adaptive gear in my collection, as well as weapons) tend to overcharge, I can be fine with a little bit of an overcharge, its their time and all, but paying 10k+ for level 15 mods is totally insane...I stick to blue quality mods, purple is just overall during the levelling phase of the game.

2: When I find a crafter willing to make the mods for a decent price (slightly more then what its worth, but its an acceptable overcharge), they demand a tip AND I provide the materials as well.......its just insulting and they wonder why crafting is dead? I am not against paying tips, but I refuse to provide materials, pay for his time AND give him a tip too.

3: When I look for mods on the GTN, there is either none there for my character or its 10x overpriced.

I do not care about premades, I level my own characters thank you, I just want a way I can happily level up without worrying about how I will proceed when my gear gets too outdated to carry on, because so far, with a full set of adaptive gear, I need to spend between 75k right up to 100k for level 15 mods and the price steadily increases every 5-7 levels.

This is why I totally agree with the levelling gear on the CM, it won't be the best for its level, but it will be good enough, the wow heirlooms are considered blue quality of the items level, so purple quality will be better, so if you are a crafter yourself, this idea wouldn't really affect you gear-wise, it would only mean you can't rip off other players as much and I guess that's the real reason behind the whole hissy fit about the whole stupid Pay-2-Win.

Don't Planet comms help keep mod prices on GTN in check (by improving supply essentially) during leveling anyway. Most players will buy most of their mods with Comms not credits?

Edited by NOTACTICS

Rich lazy kids want to pay they way in game with real money... screw others and kill game - no mater they will have their fun.

Plea what you want, if P2W come it will not stop with some low level gear, witch may be OK for you, but for most players will be last drop in glass that sign to find another game.

Then big red button will surprise you... and send you to kill another game.

P.S. - If you want to pay with real money for your gear - buy packs and sell them on GTN, then just buy whatever you like.

No crafting, no commendations, nothing ... just cash for gear.

Edited by morfius

Rich lazy kids want to pay they way in game with real money... screw others and kill game - no mater they will have their fun.

Plea what you want, if P2W come it will not stop with some low level gear, witch may be OK for you, but for most players will be last drop in glass that sign to find another game.

Then big red button will surprise you... and send you to kill another game.

P.S. - If you want to pay with real money for your gear - buy packs and sell them on GTN, then just buy whatever you like.

No crafting, no commendations, nothing ... just cash for gear.

Did bolster kill the game? No, that's right it just made it easier for PVE player to play PVP.

I invest a crazy amount of time to this game. I've stopped doing daily's their pointless I refuse to fly a guild flag because I've not found any worthy. So that means I get to grind out a lvl 50 for the story then my game ends, after one toon the next 5 levels are pointless. I have 2 tanks 1 healer and 1 mdps 2 rdps. Why should I not have a way to access end game gear?

The P2W argument was settled and did not kill the game when they added schematics to opp bosses. At least make the argument as it really is: PAY ME TO WIN. And if you like the game why would you stop playing if they implemented more ways for people to get gear?

i track the cost of making 1 purple mod that required grade 3 underworld metal using HK51 the cost was so close to 36k and took 6 log ins there is your cost

What about Auto-Leveling Armorings, Mods, and Enhancements that would be somewhere in between green and blue quality. I would say that they should either be crafted by almost all of the 450 crafting crew skills.

Or make them a Legacy Unlock in some way. That way you could get adaptive gear, which is fairly easy to get, and then put the auto leveling modifications in them as you level up and not have to deal with so much equipment micro managing.

And making them in between green and blue quality woudln't make the character overpowered. And the main reason i would rather see auto leveling mods than gear is because i like to choose the way I look. Thats my 2 cents

What about Auto-Leveling Armorings, Mods, and Enhancements that would be somewhere in between green and blue quality. I would say that they should either be crafted by almost all of the 450 crafting crew skills.

Or make them a Legacy Unlock in some way. That way you could get adaptive gear, which is fairly easy to get, and then put the auto leveling modifications in them as you level up and not have to deal with so much equipment micro managing.

And making them in between green and blue quality woudln't make the character overpowered. And the main reason i would rather see auto leveling mods than gear is because i like to choose the way I look. Thats my 2 cents

i think legacy really failed as is they pushed it so hard at first

legacy should grant accesses to the best gear in the game i see players in 72 mods with 23 to 25 legacy and i have a 50 legacy and cant get better then 66's the more ways to get gear the better hard $, game credits ,raids more weekly stage 2's

you see how fast the pay to win whining stops when some calls it as it is pay me to win

i track the cost of making 1 purple mod that required grade 3 underworld metal using HK51 the cost was so close to 36k and took 6 log ins there is your cost

I was referring to blue quality mods, not purple quality mods.

I can understand the cost of purple quality mods, its the blue quality mods that I do not agree with and also for the power earlier, you don't get clearly enough commendations for my character, let alone my companion too and those that make their own mods, spend the commendations on mods and then sell them for the same as they would their own crafted mods.

Also, I do not want levelling gear that is as good as endgame raid gear, I am referring to gear that levels with me to level 50 or even 55 that is equal to stats of blue quality gear for its level...so a level 55 levelling gear piece would be worse then a purple quality piece of the same level.

I would still need to raid to get the better stuff, it just means I wouldn't need to pay 100s, if not millions of credits for mods from greedy crafters that just care about how many zero's they can put on their prices.

i just ran the #'s even the blue mod if you buy just mats is about 5300 a mod i am not defending pl that need to double there money to do anything im just pointing out mats are crazy high to

but i dont really see a lack of gear options pre 55 its after 55 you can join a guild or start anther toon or pay 2mil a mod that's it those are your options

An idea for Cartel is Leveling Gear.

One without mods, but that levels with you, in the specific type you want.

IE: If you choose a Strength Top and Endurance leg armor, the Top will be the highest in Strength and the pants in Endurance.

Each part would be sold apart for a decent amount of cash (say 1000 Cartel Coins a piece), and each would be available in the type of boost you want: IE; Aim, Strength, Endurance, Cunning, ....

This way you would be able to truly build a custom character.

Thoughts, ideas, comments?

Do post them, but be polite and refrain from insults or flaming.

Thank you.

I would quit the game if this happened. Learn to play a game. If your looking for everything free go find another game

i just ran the #'s even the blue mod if you buy just mats is about 5300 a mod i am not defending pl that need to double there money to do anything im just pointing out mats are crazy high to

but i dont really see a lack of gear options pre 55 its after 55 you can join a guild or start anther toon or pay 2mil a mod that's it those are your options

There is your problem, you are looking at blue quality stuff based on sales prices. To make those blue mods you can go out and actually farm the materials, then your cost is zero and those same people sell the mods for 15k+. Sorry, your time is not wortht hat when you are there to level anyway.

Also...if I am bringing you the mats, you are getting skill ups on my mats therefore you deserve no money in addition tot hose skill ups.

Those crafters selling raid mods are also rediculously price gouging. Again...I bring the mats...you deserve at most a 10k tip as the cost is only the mats in the first place. A mil for the mods is also rediculous, you got the mats while doing what you would be doing anyway, raiding. At best a few hundred k is all it is worth.

Crafters have killed themselves with the entitlement, they would make MORE money if they lowered their prices due to increased sales and actually stopped buying mats and went out and farmed them. Don't like farming mats? Then you don't like crafting.

I would quit the game if this happened. Learn to play a game. If your looking for everything free go find another game

this is the best Pay ME TO WIN pl can give. i wounder why you are still playing the GT is the same thing you pay for what you wont

iv learned how to play the i just cant stand to play with the rude MMO crowd so im a solo player like 60% of the players

There is your problem, you are looking at blue quality stuff based on sales prices. To make those blue mods you can go out and actually farm the materials, then your cost is zero and those same people sell the mods for 15k+. Sorry, your time is not wortht hat when you are there to level anyway.

Also...if I am bringing you the mats, you are getting skill ups on my mats therefore you deserve no money in addition tot hose skill ups.

Those crafters selling raid mods are also rediculously price gouging. Again...I bring the mats...you deserve at most a 10k tip as the cost is only the mats in the first place. A mil for the mods is also rediculous, you got the mats while doing what you would be doing anyway, raiding. At best a few hundred k is all it is worth.

Crafters have killed themselves with the entitlement, they would make MORE money if they lowered their prices due to increased sales and actually stopped buying mats and went out and farmed them. Don't like farming mats? Then you don't like crafting.

While you are correct, gathering the stuff yourself is very cheap to the crafter, but crafting blue and above quality mods or anything of those qualities are not without cost, blue quality and above require mission skill acquired materials which are only possible to be got via sending companions out to get them for x amount per mission or from the GTN.

Even then, crafted blue quality mods are no where near worth the price that they charge, purple quality mods however are worth that much, blue quality versions however should be FAR cheaper, but not too cheap.

The reasoning behind this opinion is the following:

1: Blue quality materials gained via Underworld Trading for example is gained every single mission for Underworld Metals, assuming it succeeds.

2: Purple Quality materials gained via Underworld Trading seem to be only gained via critical mission successes, which can be rare, hence the price increase.

You are also correct, that if they sold the blue quality mods at a more realistic price, they will make more profit in the long-run, but they are not the waiting kind, they want the higher profits NOW, hence their pricing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.