Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why is there a Bind timer on Box items?

Makasu

This was done to create the illusion that people could not make instant wealth from the CM. While I do not participate in the CM myself, it has clearly created the wealthiest players in the game. While there were other minor technical reasons....I agree, why bother making players wait? I say let player spend hundreds on the CM and immediately convert it ot hundreds of millions of credits immediately. Why the illusion?

We all know this game lost its soul forever ago....why pretend anything in the game matters anymore? Since time spent on the game is now meaningless. Heck why not just cut the BS and allow instant lvl cap for CC, instant gratification all around. Why persist with the illusion that you actually want players to play the game and actually earn anything from time spent?

I never supported the CM, and likely never will. Granted my playstyle and psychology are obsolete. While I am likely alone in my feelings....I would rather the game had failed outright than what it has become.

Profit.

You can't immediately sell stuff from CM on GTN because there need to be time to let others buy it too = make more money. Flood GTN with rare stuff in a first minutes isn't healthy thing for bussiness model.

it doesnt make sense to me because then basically instead of creating an influx of items when the servers pop back up from the patch they then become flooded right after teh timers expire

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.