The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Leveling PT

Jedisock

Hey guys, just a quick question. Im leveling a PT and im not sure the best way to go about it. I heard Pyro was the best, but i feel that shieldtech is needed for tanking, even in early game. (Im like, level 13ish). Is there a solid spec (even if it is cookie cutter) that i can follow for guidance? And what companion should i use? I like the idea of having Mako at all times because Heal/Tank is really nice. But like i said, im not quite sure.

Go easy on the acronyms, im kind of new to BH

Dps is fine until around Alderaan. It starts getting tougher there. Should be around lvl 30 then. Use Mako for dps. I switch to tank when I picked up Gault. Around 30, tank is really good with a dps companion. This goes all the way to the end. Like Spitoc said, field respect is a very nice tool to have. I will tank when I am running on planets and switch to dps for flashpoints and pvp. Learning to do both will teach you a lot about the class. Edited by Willzilla

i find advaned prototype to be a very nice tree for leveling.. i'm leveling a pt right now and i really like how pretty much everything goes down with just using flamethrower.. elites and strongs are'nt much of a challenge either and i like that i dont get resource starved so i can just keep going.. also 15% extra run speed is nice when going from pack to pack

If you want to be a tank, level as a tank. It really isn't that much slower and with Mako you'll be more or less invincible (unless you pull WAY too many mobs or go for something higher-level).

DO NOT USE NOXXIC, PARTICULARLY FOR A SHIELD TECH ROTATION.

Their PT tanking rotation is disgusting. It's terrible. Their *spec* isn't bad, but the rotation has you wasting free abilities, taunting as an opener, and using a heat regen ability before you've actually built up any heat. It's absolutely terrible.

If you want to be a tank, level as a tank. It really isn't that much slower and with Mako you'll be more or less invincible (unless you pull WAY too many mobs or go for something higher-level).

DO NOT USE NOXXIC, PARTICULARLY FOR A SHIELD TECH ROTATION.

Their PT tanking rotation is disgusting. It's terrible. Their *spec* isn't bad, but the rotation has you wasting free abilities, taunting as an opener, and using a heat regen ability before you've actually built up any heat. It's absolutely terrible.

Yeah I don't use it for the rotation, just the specs. Once I get to 50 I always research more raid appropriate specs and rotations, etc... Then again by 50, I have a good idea of my final rotation anyway.