The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lev 40 PVP gear

Plumz

Just a quick question to you guys. I am getting some pvp coms to get the lev 40 gear (lev 20 PT now) and was wondering. From your experience what stats would be better to run with? The lev 40 pvp gear has kind of 2 choices (I am going to rip the mods out and put into my modable gear). Should I get the +power or +crit offering gear pieces?

What would benefit more at that level (pvp perspective)?

Thanks

Well.. at that level the secondary stats don't give you a huge boost since they come in such small numbers. If you're a pyro spec then you'll have a few abilitys that increase your crit chance sooner or later anyway. I'm currently level 47 on my PT and only got 26% crit on Tech and I'm still mostly using the 40 set. I'd say take half power and half crit to be honest. I've grabbed the +6% crit chance on tech attacks which helps alot.

As a PT, I really regret spending most of my comms on level 40 PVP armor. Sure it looks good, but it isn't all that good, and you're way better off saving the comms for the level 50 War Hero armor.

As a PT, I really regret spending most of my comms on level 40 PVP armor. Sure it looks good, but it isn't all that good, and you're way better off saving the comms for the level 50 War Hero armor.

There's plenty of time to get the comms. I got 3k ranked comms and nearly 2k normal on my assassin in like 2 levels.

Regardless if which set you pick, do yourself a favor and augment it with MK-3 or MK-4 kits and put surge augments in there. Once you get Firebug and 75%+ surge, you literally reduce people to basic atoms in seconds. It doesn't come on gear as a secondary stat for some time, so getting it ahead of the normal gearing curve is a huge advantage.