The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Balmorran Hand "Cannon"

Ok cool, you put an awesome hand cannon into the game.

Why does it sound wimpy?

Black Nebula pistol sounds nice and meaty, as befitting its "giant effin' space revolver" status.

The new gun, which is just utterly gigantic, uses the stock pistol firing sound.

Serious cognitive dissonance here that such a big gun has such a boring noise.

Would vastly prefer a unique sound or at the very least a normal sound more suited to a portable artillery weapon (e.g. rifle/cannon sound).

I agree. New blaster pistols should sound awesome, and the average gun in this game does not. Make them sound like star wars blaster, not like air guns, not poor...

Like the armor designer, the sound designer of this game has no passion for Star Wars. Thats really sad.

Is there a art director for this game? And what is he doing the whole day? Has the art director ever watched Star Wars?

Edited by discbox

Yeah I 100% agree. I was thrilled to get the Balmorran Hand Cannons, but the sound is so utterly disappointing. There is nothing cannon like about it, its the same pew-pew you hear everywhere. I thought I was using a cannon not a hold-out blaster.

BioWare please change sounds for this awesome looking weapon. Maybe something similar to Han's DL-44 in the movies? The gun resembles it.

Edited by ArenCordial

Tested the new Sniper Rifle and the Peacemaker, it seems that all the new guns use the basic sounds of their weapon class.

I'm surprised BioWare spent so much time with the models to make these weapons look potent and powerful but ultimately don't convey that with the audio.

Disappointing.

Edited by ArenCordial

• 1 year later...