Leveling Marauder build?

Jimmy_Sixx

Hello everyone! Good News.. after a long break... i'm back into SWTOR... A LOT has changed and I'm not sure where to start..

I hear a lot of this Carnage Marauder.. But is it possible to build something worth Levelling and then respec into a superior fighter? I need help plz...

I can't seem to find builds on here... just advice on making builds better... If possible could i have both a Levelling build and a End Game build? Something I can try out and possibly enjoy the game?

I found a site that had this levelling build, but I dont know if it's any good.. or how recent it is.

Carnage Leveling Spec – 5/31/0 +5

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100McZGMrRRrodGz.2

Edited by Jimmy_Sixx

Guess it depends on what you want to do. If you want to PvP, may as well roll rage. As far as PvE goes, both Carnage and Anhilation are good. I think Carnage may be better, but I run a Sentenial Watchman and love the DoTs.

Rage? PvP? i see rage the LEAST in PvP. Carnage is supposedly the best pvp way to go. and as for OP's want of PvE marauder. you dont play Marauder for PvE you play it to own ppl in PvP

Rage? PvP? i see rage the LEAST in PvP. Carnage is supposedly the best pvp way to go. and as for OP's want of PvE marauder. you dont play Marauder for PvE you play it to own ppl in PvP

That's NOT what the game was designed for... if you're not gonna be helpful to my topic... then please do not post. I'm trying to find a Viable Leveling build for a Marauder... all classes have a way to level through PVE.. I just don't know enough about the Marauder Class to do so...

This game is not all about PVP.. once you understand that, you'll have a lot more fun.

Annihilation has vastly superior survivability, and imo damage comes better at lower level, even if you cannot gt a real feel of the full rotation before getting Annihilate.

But taking on a non-immunity champ with a dps companion? Easy before Hoth. With heal comp you are a 1vs1 beast.

Altough geared, I easily took down the Lord of Agony of the HK quest chain with Jaesa as my active companion, something carnage and rage would have struggled a bit more with.

Annihilation has vastly superior survivability, and imo damage comes better at lower level, even if you cannot gt a real feel of the full rotation before getting Annihilate.

But taking on a non-immunity champ with a dps companion? Easy before Hoth. With heal comp you are a 1vs1 beast.

Altough geared, I easily took down the Lord of Agony of the HK quest chain with Jaesa as my active companion, something carnage and rage would have struggled a bit more with.

Hey, Thanks for the tips... yea currently all i have is Vett, and she's a nice little ranged tank... saved my butt several times over... I just don't have enough Twink gear (like where you have a high lvl constantly making the best armor and mods) to fully maximize my potential.

I am trying out that build which was posted earlier... and pretty much doing very well on Dromund Kaas... little trouble Soloing Elites... have not had the opportunity to fight a Champion Solo, but I don't think my gear is optimal for that yet.

I dusted off my marauder for the double xp weekend, and my experience has been that a hybrid build is what works best for the low levels.

I started at about lvl 19 and tried both carnage and rage and did not like either. My issue was that I was always rage starved. Battering strike has a ridiculously high cd and I found myself spamming 1 a lot more than i liked.

So what worked for me was using the first 5 talents of anihilation tree (the one that builds up fury and the one that lowers cost for vicious slash) and 2 points in the carnage talent that bosts your forms and give you rage when you get hit.

If you combine that with sii cho form you will be swimming in rage. That is because the berserk in sii cho basically fills up your rage bar from 0 to full pretty much, and due to the anihilation fury talent you will build your 30 stack fast by spamming cheap vicius slashes. Basically you can berserk every battle and on the few times you need and your stack is not 30 you can battering strike.

Reason I went rage from that was to boost vicious slash more than smash (icing in the cake). Plus its the spec that builds on sii cho anyways.

Not sure this is the absolute bestest way ever, but it was a LOT more fun to play!

Its not.

And you might want to re-read defensive form. You build FURY not rage while being hit (read, more berserks)

Other than that, you are gimping yourself since eventually tree builds synergy within your moves.

Annihilation will quickly start seeing some nice self-heals at level 20 with deadly saber. Carnage, burst on the berserk with Ataru.

Also all rotations use the normal attack to build rage.

In a bit, you'll be a marauder that does vicious slash in a less efficient manner, and you'll realize more rage =\= more damage with it.