SWTOR + Windows 8

wairuakaha

Has anyone managed to run SWTOR on Windows 8 successfully?

I tried and only got as far as the SWTOR window that gave me the option to hit 'Play' or 'Exit'. I clicked 'Play' and failed to get any response or proceed any further (i.e. the game did not proceed to the usual loading screen / sequence).

Looking forward to reading about the experience of others who have tried especially since alot of machines sold off the shelf today come with Windows 8 pre-loaded.

Cheers!

there was a thread before (i think from last year actually) of someone asking if windows 8 was any good for gaming

bottom line, it is, the whole thing is built off windows 7 so you get all the normal and old functionality

anyways, i've been running windows 8 for a long time and been play tor on it as well, there was a slight performance increase overall (5-15 fps) and haven't had any issues (other than the normal bugs)

Mine runs fine. But if you're having issues, run it with Win 7 compatibility and run it as Administrator.

Apologies if this comes across like an annoying noob question but how do I run my present Windows 8 "with Win 7 compatibility"?

Thanks

Apologies if this comes across like an annoying noob question but how do I run my present Windows 8 "with Win 7 compatibility"?

Thanks

Should be able to right-click on the executable icon for the game and there will be a box to check under Properties and then the Compatibility tab.