Are Sorcerers weak?

Warforever

In all his duels I see critical mistakes being made by his opponents when it comes to dealing with a lightning-madness hybrid sorcerer.
I don't even like the guy but even in that position I have to admit, based on the material presented to us, that he's not representative of the "average" sorc/sage, in the sense that he's better. That is also his biggest flaw, he's just looking at his own results instead of looking at the whole picture.

It's well established that the average players lacks situational awarness and in many cases also logic. Combine that with playing sorc or sage and you'll end up with a pretty terrible result. Sorc/sage is in theory really easy to play but it's not forgiving. What adds to the problem is the label, free kill. While there is some weight to that label it's also highly exxagerated. Regardless, people seem to think that sorc/sage is an easy kill so they give you a lot attention. An average player can IMO experience not deal with such attention, some can't even deal with one opponent of a specific AC. I've seen it so many times in pugs, I'm juggling four enemies but the sage next to me is dying quicker from just one.

Some seem to think that the only way of getting rid of said label is to make us harder to kill. I disagree. I'm not sure anyone knows what BW's intention was with sage/sorc anymore but based on the archetype we're not supposed to be tanks. So, if they're going to fix anything it should be the output. I mean, as a sage/sorc I wouldnt put PT'es on top of my "attack first" list for the simple reason that if they know what they're doing it's going to hurt. That's the type of label sorcs/sages should have too. As long as no one really fears us we're always going to be labeled "easy kills", regardless of the "background damage" we can put out.

Edited by MidichIorian

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is just at troll. Likely a PT or a Mara as a main. I have a Vanguard in recruit gear that can't be kited by any Sorc I have ever encountered.

He likely played a sorc with a tank and a healer covering his *** whole the game and thinks he proved somwthing.

Main isSORCERER and has been since second day of release, only played that class for 4 months strait untill i lvld an operative and just this week i got my marauder to 50 :) op class so easy heheheggggg

http://i.imgur.com/clrhlji.jpg

In all his duels I see critical mistakes being made by his opponents when it comes to dealing with a lightning-madness hybrid sorcerer.

The idea for the duels segment was to show imperfect duels so you can see the results if most of the classes i dueled and myself played perfect every single game i myself would have lost as lightning a lot more as it is a fairly horrible dueling and 1v1 spec. even in 2.0 its great turret damage nothing more.

To be fair, I would suggest you watch Twitch's movies on youtube or atleast click on his tag. I by no means think Sorcs in the DPS roll is perfect (but they are not as far gone as Merc's).

But I do think we are one of the harder classes to play well, PVE or PVP. A good DPS sorc is a great tool but they are very, very rare. Not just the learning curve but also engine issues in this game. We are not a forgiving class one mistake (without support and we are dead in PVP).

Twitch I have to say good kiteing you got going on there, and love your intime pulls I would love to see what you key map is for pvp. Not many play full lightning but you are doing it and well. I know some will say you left out getting stomped (and I sure it happens) but it was a how to video and I think everyone in this game knows how to get stomped.

of course i was getting stomped sometimes i was playing lightning lol, but i had some good plays too and those movies were for entertainment more then like a unedited raw footage of gameplay. Although the duels were i mostly won most then lost i will show some wins and losses and try to point out mistakes.

Edited by TwitchWINs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.