Cant make my mind up about Tanks

Dark_Sars

I dont know which one to role, im looking more towards the jug or the bh but every single time im scrolling between jedi tank forums, an these forums reading about how the tank is sucky an how this one is flawed here an how ******** it is to play and hold aggro.

Tbh i dont care which tank i role i just wanna know the facts about the class without reading 10 different threads that state over9000 different problems with the class, i wanna know whats right about it, very hard decision here for me because what ever i choose its gonna be my main for the long run

I dunno, I do see some threat issues with multiple mobs when playing my jug but its not too bad. Just gotta tab between each mob and do what you can. Single target is a little off but doesnt seem too bad. Then again, i havent raided anything with him, only some fp's so i cant speak officially Edited by Mungyun

If it is the way people claim and not hyperbole (I'm a Juggernaut but haven't tanked in SWTOR) then the way you hold aggro on trash is 1) Mark targets, 2) tell the group when to start dps, 3) tab target to spread around the threat, 4) CC if you need to and 5) have a decent kill order.

In this other MMO back when tanking was actually a challenge even in heroic dungeons this is basically what you had to do. It works, it's very effective, no buffs required just need to have a system and execute it.

Btw, easiest way to deal with packs that are spread out is to aggro them and pull them around a corner. When you break line of sight they will be forced to run to you and will be gathered up. Just... make sure you don't LOS your healer :p

It's really just having the patience to realize it will be a mess if you just try to faceroll. Considering that other MMO basically encouraged the faceroll AOE everything attitidue it will take some time for people to adjust, have patience :)

Also, if raid tanking is anything similar.... main tanking a single boss is easy peasy, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Raid trash is usually the hard part, again if it's similar.

Edited by Kolbenito

I have np holding agro over the eps they just have to attack the correct target so that way I'm not trying to attack 3 different targets at once. This isn't wow they hopefully won't change the difficulty and let you just role over mobs. Don't forget to use cc that will help if you are really having a lot of trouble holding agro. I have no trouble tanking and holding agro if the eps isn't dumb.:D

i compared SW to powertech but not looked at assassin yet can say this about them. The powertech is EASIER to tank with from a mechanical standpoint do to all aoe's they get and also get a slight bit more armor then juggs do. However that said when get down to nitty gritty juggs get better cooldowns, more CC and better single target damage/threat. Meaning juggs are 9/10 better on boss fights, worse on trash fights. that said not actually tanked on my jugg as it is an alt BUT from what i saw... looks like jugg is very much like old school warrior from WoW in that, you will need to tab sunder for multi-threat encounters, and CC will be a requirement in most situations.

juggs will require more effort to play with, powertechs and assassins all have a decent aoe(assassins have discharge which is an aoe burst every 15 seconds). But end game i am betting jugg will be prefered single target tank with powertech/assassin being better at multi-threat fights. but good players will be able to do both with any class.