Can't log in

Zylq

I am on jedi covenant and can not log in....sometimes I will get on and then get kicked off right away....most of the time i can't log in at all

I play on Jedi Covenant too and have had no problems. It might be the problem that happened a few weeks ago where a node went down and tons of people could not log in. It wasn't a bioware problem, have you both tried to do run a trace to see where the problem is occuring?

have you both tried to do run a trace to see where the problem is occuring?

trace?

i uninstalled, redownloaded (which has a new intro movie & is awesome), reinstalled, and still can't get on. same problem as earlier. it opens to the server selector & no servers are visible. the screen is up but it's blank. & i'm on jedi covenant also.

i haven't played in about 2 weeks. it was working fine then. so something happened between then & now.

Edited by Zylq

I remember having a problem like this before, i found out it was a program i had installed that was blocking access. I say check your firewall, also programs like peerguardian/block (if you have them) or any other program that can control internet connections.

I remember having a problem like this before, i found out it was a program i had installed that was blocking access. I say check your firewall, also programs like peerguardian/block (if you have them) or any other program that can control internet connections.

ty! would never thought of my firewall, tho i checked.

i went back & added new inbound and outbound rules. excluded SWTOR from Bitdefender. added it to gaming mode also. may be overkill, but it worked

plus i did this:

I did see a few get this immediately after the last patch

cause in most cases was using Norton av , uninstall and reinstall of Norton actually fixed it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=604587

^click & follow.

ty! would never thought of my firewall, tho i checked.

i went back & added new inbound and outbound rules. excluded SWTOR from Bitdefender. added it to gaming mode also. may be overkill, but it worked

plus i did this:

^click & follow.

Do yourself a favor and get rid of Norton's. It's bad and wrong. No, it is worse, it is badong.