Standard quality items (How to make them useful)

Eraus

Hello,

as I'm leveling a new toon I interact with vendors a lot. I noticed that vendor throughout the game sell Standard quality items like armor and weapons.

I guess the reason that they exist is RP. I was wondering if it would be possible to have orange (adaptable) version of these items. There is a certain amount of art assets in the game which aren't used to their full potential. Making these items craftable would be a good idea.

If this would be possible just add the other quality items there as well.

Put recipes onto the standard loot table of world NPCs or add them as a trainable recipe onto the crew skill trainers.

Edited by Eraus

For the most part, I think you'll find that most of these items are, in fact, in the game as a customizable piece. It just may be that you won't see it until a few levels higher than the standard equivalent. It may also be a "drop only" scenario, making it somewhat rare or only found on a certain world or flashpoint boss. Finally, it could be a crafted item.

I'll admit that most of this is speculation on my part but, at least for the first couple planets, you certainly can get the common quality vendor items as a custom shell. I can't see them limiting that concept to only the first couple planets.