How do I invite One of my character's

TaylorNova

This may sound stupid, but, How /or where do you find the list of active Guilds.

I want to invite my second character, a Smuggler into a guild, where I have been made up to officer, although green a bit to Star wars, Im a 5 year old veteran as an admin and mentor in a virtual world combat group, so its nice to be trusted:)

But without having two instances of the game open, which I am not sure is legal,( In second life it is), I really have no idea how to invite One of my own characters into the guild I am in. I been to coro, but only saw a vendor, that makes guilds, Not shows a list of them, so My smuggler can apply, and I can accept her, my guild seems to be unable to help on this.

can anyone tell me if im barking up the wrong tree or something.

Thanks

if ur in a guild and want to add one of ur other chars to the same guild you need another officer to inv you when ur logged in as that char, if u search the guild name in the who box it will show you all the guild members online at that time just whisper one of the officers saying its you an they will send you the inv

Thanks Zoist, I already asked in my guild, for her to be invited, but for some annoying reason, it falls on deaf ears, and its ignored.:mad: Its rather a shame, because the sort of hide and seek fighting a Smuggler does, suits my type of combat style I done before, which also includes some Gorean Scouting in Gor lands.

Its also rather disconcerting there's 92 members, but on a typical uk evening, only 6-10 are ever on.

Im not experienced enough to do recruiting and helping that many, especially with tec or modifications, although went up to lvl 42 Paladin in WoW, This game is much more interactive and needs some understanding of the way it works, which is quite differant. Just wish I could invite my other charactor myself, just by finding her name, only thing is to befriend her, but I dont think you can just enter someones name , as in second life. and up pops there profile, where you can click add friend or if i own a group i can invite that member into my group, here, seems to be a bit lacking in abilties to find people, by typing in there name to bring up their Bio, oh well, back to the drawing board. thanks anyway :cool:

and you can't have 2 instances of the game running at the same time or log in with the same account on two different systems.

If you have enough status to invite and promote (and you have access to another computer in the same location) you might create a FTP account, log them in at the same time as your Officer and invite them in to the Guild; promote so they can invite & log your Main out and your Smuggler in; repeat and bing-bang-boom you have your Alt in your guild. A bit of a long way around but if your Guildies won't help that's your best bet.

i dont want to say anything bad about other guilds but if theirs 92 members and you have asked a few times for your alt to be invited and its fallen on def ears it sounds to me that its not a very helpful guild an as a GM myself i would be very annoyed if this was happening to one of my members, if you get no joy i personaly would look for another guild. I do hope it doesnt have to come to that for you but if they wont help you with such a simple task i wonder what happens when you need help with something.

I would have to agree with zoist with the recruitment issue you have. If you have asked in game while another officer was on and they failed to even acknowledge your presence or at the very least, posted a message to your guilds website asking for an invite for your alt to join and it was ignored... i would seriously reconsider your acceptance within that guild because it does not sound like they take care of their members with at the very least, an invite for an alt of an already accepted member.

As a GM myself, I too would get pretty annoyed if I heard one of my guild members was being ignored for any reason.

Well thanks Guys for the advice, Unfortunately I haven't got access to another computer, only dual screens, which I use those for Flight Sim X., and hard wired Fibre Optic Internet.

But the real problem as you point out, that I have politely asked Twice in officer chat & and to two Ranking officers in whispers, if They could invite My Smuggler, But no one reply's even after an hour of waiting.

To be honest, Im not sure I want to be in guilds here, because I joined 2 before this one, and promptly got kicked out of them after a few minutes. It seems Guilds in Star Wars want members to be joined at the hip,:eek: and follow them around as a group, well, that's not how I work, as a mature Gal,(TaylorNova is misleading, its only because I am a Terra Nova fan, smiles) because Like in WoW, I love being in a guild, I do raids and other jobs, that earn me guild credits & loyalty, But I am not badgered to Join in group raids/ dungeons as such,unless I want to partake. I live very much on my own in WoW, but, The guild seems to have no trouble with that, and since I been with them a year or more, They dont seem annoyed that I dont always go on group missions, But I do get points towards my guild, by winning "Capture the flag raids". In This game, it seems, if you don't follow your group to where they are like lemmings, even though You may have up to 7 of your own missions on the board, They just kick you out. Without a proper list of guilds, which you can browse and see what they require of you in terms of service, I dont see how anyone, can possibly know What standing the guild has, that people sends invites too?

In fact I have been pestered by some players, who send me the same invite three times in 20 minutes, as if they are desperate to enlist a level 14 trooper:D

On the other hand if there is a guild Listening to what I am saying, and would like a seasoned battle scarred Gal in there group, I may be interested, But I am no tech wizkid, having only just found out how to use /stuck, to get me out of a mountain crevice! Haha. I may know how to Fly a Boeing 737 To Spain and land it, in Flight sim, but it doesnt mean I'm an ace with everything thats thrown at me:p

regards Alice

i wouldnt give up on guilds because their not all like that the one i run is mainly made up of solo players who like the social aspect of chat and group with each other when they want to, we hold guild events but its not a requiremant to be apert of them.

i would suggest looking here for a guild on the server forum

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=309

also maby take the guild quiz and see what comes up for you

http://www.tortoolbox.com/quiz/

I highly recommend The ideal guild quiz. The quiz you take is the same quiz that the guild leaders takes when applying to the site and then it compares your answers to the answers of the guild leader.

I know my guild does puts emphasis on casual play and has no requirement for joining. Everyone can come and go as they wish, play solo, or others team up for the social aspect. We also run weekly flashpoint runs and monthly runs for bigger events. Don't give up looking for a guild that fits your play style. There are a vast number of them out there so there is bound to be one which you fit into.

cheers again Guys, so helpful tips, I wish I could have you as Companions:)

Certainly check out the guild Quiz url, and the link about Guilds.

Fortunately One of the officers in my group, I Threatened to Throw to a Tusken raider If he kept ignoring Alice here :rak_01: soon sent me an invite as soon as I logged in my smuggler Alice clone.

So, for now," I'm as you were", so to speak, Im glad in one way, as I I'm not a guild hopper, But will keep your invitations in mind.

All I need do, is pick myself of the floor of my first Combat zone floor, which happened to be some sort of Hut Football, Where do these people of my level, get such powerful weapons?, they can take you out in a few shots, I have nothing like that, And I bought 2 newcomer packs one of AliceT whos a trooper, and wanted a speeder, and my smuggler Umbrella clone, who wanted same, as far as modding weapons up, I still need to learn more about this process, although I have started to train the crew skills suggested in one of the forum pages, looks I need to seriously find out why I get defeated so quick in the raids/combat zones. I wouldnt say Im that lightly armed or have weak armour, unless these other players are using these buyable stim upgrades, which I dont, only med packs, because I just dont earn enough credits to keep buying these items. But at all my charactors at 14 or under, Its going to be a while, before i get into serious rewards, like in WoW, seems the same type of economy in many respects.

So I leave you to carry on, and again, thanks for all the help on this thread

Love from The three Umbrella Alice's:D

:mon_trap: "Imperial troops have entered the base"!