The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

FTP, Prefered Status, and more

Zaikyu

Before I resubscribed I tried out the new FTP option of the game and was pretty taken back by some of the limitations, especially to players that are "preferred status". I am thinking it would not be bad to have another level of preferred status for players who actually purchased the game as those players have more invested in it. As it stands now, a player can buy the smallest amount of cartel coins and they become preferred status abd have the same limitations and freedoms as someone who actually put in the money to buy the game.

Some of the limitations I think are a little much for the preferred status players: Not being able to mail credits between characters (at the very least make this something that a player can unlock via cartel coins), Simply features like unify colors or to show titles, limiting crew skill slots and the number of companions allowed to perform crew skills, being able to submit a ticket to GM's regarding in game issues, and most of all the XP penalty for being ftp and preferred status.

I can understand limiting actual game content with ftp and even the limitations on flashpoints/operations etc, but to lock out the simplest game functions seems a little much. A friend of mine who is currently playing ftp as a preferred status player was having an in game issue and couldnt even submit a ticket about it. "Subscribers" may submit tickets. Even as a subscriber I can see huge issues with this. On top of that, as someone who originally dumped the money to purchase this game at release I find it a kind of a slap in the face that someone who spends $5 on cartel coins suddenly has the same freedoms and limits as someone who actually bought the game.

I know the FTP option is fairly new and hopefully more of this is going to be worked out over time. I am not flaming this in any way just pointing out some flaws in the design and that alot of players have put in alot more money wise into the game and that should be reflected in some way.