The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Guild mail feature

Sniperrecon

As a guild leader , I would like to see a feature where you can send a mail to every member of the guild at once. Even better would be a feature that would allow a guild leader to give permissions to other trusted members that allow them to send guild mails or even multi-mail.

I know we have message of the day , but sometimes that doesn't cut it. If I need to give a heads up to co-leaders or a message to all concerning upcoming events , the message of the day doesn't always cut it.

They did comment in a previous thread somewere that guilds would have some love this year which is nice.

The 5% Xp bonus for being in a guild in 2.0 is a start.

These need addressing though:

1) Guild caps need increasing. In our last game Star Wars galaxies we had a 500 guild cap, same as Tor but there an account could only have 2 characters per server, here its 12-16 so a 500 cap is way low. Even with guild managment and removing members from 75+ days inactivity we are very close to cap.

2) Guild email. Not every guild has a website so a guild mail is needed. We run all our events via our website/forums but we also could find a guild email handy. In Lotro they have a guild mail but to prevent spamming it can only be used once a day. In SWG we used guild mail for upcomming events info

3) Message of the day needs improving. Would be nice to have a larger active message of the day in the middle of the screen on log on. We do about 4-5 events a week and can oly usually show 2-3 abbriviated on the message of the day presently due to number of characters allowed.

4) Alot of guilds have Empire and Rep sides. Allow these guilds to have a guild tab to talk to each other. We use teamspeak also but this be handy. Perhaps have names in red for Empire characters and Blue for Republic in one chat channel.

5) Guild Fleet ship. Somewhere we can call home, hold guild meetings. Add content to via a guild system (needs to be invented first and ingame)