Who would Padme fall in love with if she never met Anakin and Obi Wan?

Slowpokeking

Both movie and EU characters are fine.

I don't think Anakin share the same interest and political view with her, I guess she would prefer some mature guy who has similar political view with her such as Bail?

Edited by Slowpokeking

As I recall, she didn't really have much taste for other politicians cause they didn't try to get to know her, like actually know her. So I think those types are out...ehh...probably someone who would actually spend time with her and treat her as a person really.

In the instance, if you say they would have never met. Then that meets Naboo never got blockaded, thus the galaxy keeps spinning and Anakin somehow works his way out of slavery and probably becomes the best Pod Racer in the galaxy.

If she didn't meet Obi-wan and Qui-gon she would have died at the hands of the Trade Federation. If she hadn't met Anakin in the second film, she would have died at the hands of that shapechanging Bountyhunter (Assassin really). Ergo if she hadn't fallen for Anakin she'ld be dead, and would have fallen for nobody.

If the events of the films hadn't happened, she probably would have married someone from Naboo, not from the higher elechons of naboo society, probably someone doing aid work out on the rim.

If she didn't meet Obi-wan and Qui-gon she would have died at the hands of the Trade Federation. If she hadn't met Anakin in the second film, she would have died at the hands of that shapechanging Bountyhunter (Assassin really). Ergo if she hadn't fallen for Anakin she'ld be dead, and would have fallen for nobody.

If the events of the films hadn't happened, she probably would have married someone from Naboo, not from the higher elechons of naboo society, probably someone doing aid work out on the rim.

According to Darth Plagueis, Plagueis and Sidious' goal is not to kill her, but to capture her and force her to sign the treaty.

According to Darth Plagueis, Plagueis and Sidious' goal is not to kill her, but to capture her and force her to sign the treaty.

yeah, about that treaty... what exactly was that supposed to accomplish again? The entire invasion of Naboo made slightly less sense than scientology.

yeah, about that treaty... what exactly was that supposed to accomplish again? The entire invasion of Naboo made slightly less sense than scientology.

The invasion of Naboo is to

1. Let Valorum lose more reputation and let Palpatine become the chancellor.

2. Increase the gap between the Republic and the Trade Federation.

3. To let the Trade Federation be able to control Naboo's resources.

The invasion of Naboo is to

1. Let Valorum lose more reputation and let Palpatine become the chancellor.

2. Increase the gap between the Republic and the Trade Federation.

3. To let the Trade Federation be able to control Naboo's resources.

Which doesn't actually make any sense, particularly in the context of the TF worrying about 'legalities'...but when the question came up in the Senate they denied it was happening at all.

Which raises other questions, like why didn't the Jedi show up and be like, "Uh, yeah, actually they are, in fact they tried to kill us?". And how the galaxy at large can be completely unaware of the complete blockade of a Republic world. Did Naboo not conduct trade with anybody? Nobody got turned back trying to travel to the planet? Assuming the TF prevented them from leaving to tell anybody, nobody noticed that all ships bound for Naboo were disappearing? Did the Trade Federation bribe the entirety of the rest of the Republic?

And regarding the treaty itself, does the concept of 'duress' not exist in Republic law? Was a treaty forcing a Republic world to surrender at gunpoint to another Republic member really going to be given a green light?

The whole Naboo business seems like it was just a hamhanded attempt to (needlessly) smash Palpatine, Anakin, Padme and the Civil War all together right from the start.

Edited by jovianus

Which doesn't actually make any sense, particularly in the context of the TF worrying about 'legalities'...but when the question came up in the Senate they denied it was happening at all.

Which raises other questions, like why didn't the Jedi show up and be like, "Uh, yeah, actually they are, in fact they tried to kill us?". And how the galaxy at large can be completely unaware of the complete blockade of a Republic world. Did Naboo not conduct trade with anybody? Nobody got turned back trying to travel to the planet? Assuming the TF prevented them from leaving to tell anybody, nobody noticed that all ships bound for Naboo were disappearing? Did the Trade Federation bribe the entirety of the rest of the Republic?

And regarding the treaty itself, does the concept of 'duress' not exist in Republic law? Was a treaty forcing a Republic world to surrender at gunpoint to another Republic member really going to be given a green light?

Because the Republic does not want to break the relationship with TF totally and start a war. So Valorum sent Qui Gon and Obi Wan to negotiate with them.

Yes it's no good sign to the republic. It is to show Valorum is weak, when Palpatine get elected he would break war with them, but at the same time it would help the TF a bit since they would have time to occupy and mine the important resources of Naboo.

Also, Padme's election was totally Palpatine's scheme to overthrow Veruna and he intend to use her as a puppet.

Yes, but would they really have left her alive afterwards. By afterwards I mean more than a couple of weeks to make sure the Naboo comply. I doubt it, they would have arranged an accident and sent their deepest sympathies.

Yes, but would they really have left her alive afterwards. By afterwards I mean more than a couple of weeks to make sure the Naboo comply. I doubt it, they would have arranged an accident and sent their deepest sympathies.

Yes, her election was Palpatine's idea, Palpatine made her queen because he thought she was young and easy to control, and she did vote for no confidence against Valorum and helped Palpatine became the chancellor.