How do you obtain a companion?

FreakyGeaky

Follow the main quest for your character, your should have gotten the companion at around level 8 or 9. On the plus side when you reach the next planet you would be at a higher level than most starting and killing will be more easy for you.

Did you do your class story while on Korriban? You should have got Khem Val around 7-9.

Though most people will complete their class story for the starter planet around level 9 or 10, level does not matter when someone gets their companion. It all depends on when they progress far enough into the story to earn their companion. In this case I am guessing the OP has been leveling up without progressing in the story far enough to get their companion.

I have been a couple planets already, but if every quest on the first planet must be done, then thats probably it. I've also been only killing "red" titled enemies, to stay in charactor, dunno if that matters.

Take the shuttle back to Korriban and complete your class quests. That's the only way to continue and get your companion.

Edited by XDrcaul

I have been a couple planets already, but if every quest on the first planet must be done, then thats probably it. I've also been only killing "red" titled enemies, to stay in charactor, dunno if that matters.

Don't you have to progress through the storyline to get off planet? In which case you should have finished the class quests for the starter planet and gotten your companion? I thought you couldn't get off planet until you complete the storyline for the starter planet and then you get your companion and you get sent to the Imperial Fleet.

You CAN leave the planet before completing your class story quests - I actually picked up my advanced class before getting Khem Val! The story for your class will not progress to other planets if you skip them though, and you would miss companions/ships/etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.