The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2.0 Pyrotechs need only base crit?

With the expanded talent tree it's possible to get a 100% crit chance on rail shot through Charged Gauntlets an still spec up the Pyro tree to Rain of Fire.

Because of this is there any need to take any crit mods at all, instead just stack power and surge?

On the pts I've been parsing around 2850 without only base crit chance (about 15%) and around 2700 with some crit (around 22%).

I really hope this gets nerfed. I dont want PTs to be OP with the hybrid and only AP deserves the buff. Bringing CG higher or making it hegc only would solve the prob.

It will make the hybrid not overpowered, but it won't make AP any better. Instead of nerfing the hybrid to the ground, they should nerf the hybrid enough to make it not overpowered, while buffing AP to make AP as good as full pyro or the hybrid. That way, there are 3 options instead of 1.

My idea:

Step 1: Put an ICD on CG

Step 2: Put a skill high in AP tree, far out of reach for Pyros, that eliminates the ICD of CG.

Step 3: Buff Immolate and/or RB damage with skills high up in the tree to make AP competitive.

:rak_02:

It will make the hybrid not overpowered, but it won't make AP any better. Instead of nerfing the hybrid to the ground, they should nerf the hybrid enough to make it not overpowered, while buffing AP to make AP as good as full pyro or the hybrid. That way, there are 3 options instead of 1.

My idea:

Step 1: Put an ICD on CG

Step 2: Put a skill high in AP tree, far out of reach for Pyros, that eliminates the ICD of CG.

Step 3: Buff Immolate and/or RB damage with skills high up in the tree to make AP competitive.

Yeah if they want to move away from hybrids, they need to put the important talents at the top couple tiers, rather than midway. Would rather not see a cata-wow "solution" where they require 31 in a tree before you can spec outside.