Clone Wars: such a gulf in quality

Macetheace

My problem with middle episodes is that I always figure out where the arc is going way too early. Yes, I'm an adult and not the target market, but it is a bit too obvious. For instance, Barris was the only other jedi shown outside of the council so come on it had to be her. And then in the next to last episode it was nearly confirmed just by the shape of the mystery assailant.

Same with the "sister" comment in mandalorian arc of course leading to the only other female character being her sister.

Fortunately the series doesn't play too heavily on these 'mysteries'. For me the whole sister thing in the Lawless episode was pretty insignificant compared to everything else I was seeing.

EDIT: And concerning Bariss, you might have got it, but it left a lot of people guessing.

Edited by Beniboybling

you're right, i will never consider any such childish nonsense to be "canon" in my version of the lore. That's why i refuse to acknowledge episode 1 for jar jar binks, or episode 6 for ewoks. And these 2 comical droids in all the movies? No, my version of star wars is just the youtube clips of the lightsaber battles. Everything else i refuse to acknowledge.

not the ewoks!!

Most of CW actually re-writes what was already established by the comics and novels that came before it. If I like the comic and novel events far better then the cartoon, well frankly George can go lick a pole if he disagrees, after the NT I don't really care what he wants anymore Star Wars is better off in the hands of people like James Luceno and John Ostrander who wrote much of the important C-Cannon of the events of the clone wars the cartoon has currently swept over and disregarded like never happened. I'm picking what I prefer. And what actually came first. If thats wrong then disney land can sue me hahaha.

I agree, what a lot of people defending the series dont seem to realize is that the series tramples all over a ton of stuff that was written about the clone wars, far before the series came out. Not to mention the written stuff interlocks with a large amount of the other written stuff from other periods, to the point that if you say the cartoon series is canon and the books that conflict with it arent, you've essentially just destroyed a lot of stuff that isnt even in that time period.

I agree, what a lot of people defending the series dont seem to realize is that the series tramples all over a ton of stuff that was written about the clone wars, far before the series came out. Not to mention the written stuff interlocks with a large amount of the other written stuff from other periods, to the point that if you say the cartoon series is canon and the books that conflict with it arent, you've essentially just destroyed a lot of stuff that isnt even in that time period.

I say "unreliable narrator" for saving the Thrawn series account of cloning. They just weren't right about what they were presenting. They thought they were, but these details do get fuzzy in the face of a systematic extermination of key witnesses and destruction of records.

Hmm, sounds like the Clone Wars series is getting better.

Personally I watched the first season and quit because it was too childish for me to take seriously. (I disliked the Malevolence arc purely because we have enough superweapons in Star Wars and Ahsoka needed to shut up.)

I came back when I heard the word 'Mandalorians' and was ready to shoot myself after that s***. (Hippie Mandos? Where they high when they wrote that?)

Now, eh, it's looking better and people seem to enjoy it so I might try it again.

indeed :jawa_evil:

Speaking of the holiday special. I was young kid around 5 or 6 when that came out. Back then, most kids were huge SW fans, and I remember the entire neighborhood going ******* over that episode lol. Despite it being ridiculed now it was a big hit when it came out.

I came back when I heard the word 'Mandalorians' and was ready to shoot myself after that s***. (Hippie Mandos? Where they high when they wrote that?)

Obviously not because that concept culminated with the best episode in the entire series. People need to realise good plot devices when they see them... :rolleyes:

Speaking of the holiday special. I was young kid around 5 or 6 when that came out. Back then, most kids were huge SW fans, and I remember the entire neighborhood going ******* over that episode lol. Despite it being ridiculed now it was a big hit when it came out.
You must have grew up in one messed up decade... :jawa_wink: