Clone Wars: such a gulf in quality

Macetheace

is it just me, but have you noticed that some clone wars stories are just soooo much better than others. It's kinda actually annoying,

The Wrong Jedi: Season 5, Ep 20, - Ends what is in my opinion a very well written clone wars story, one of the best if not the best so far of the series, but preceded by a few really poor ones. Some of them it seems as if a child wrote them, and others, you can sense a much more skilled writer at work. or may be it's just me.

Anyone notice the white lightsaber the youngline had in that episode? I wonder what the official story behind that is? I thought they were the rarest of crystals in the star wars universe, of which ithink when we eventually see a black crystal the rarity order would be:

1. Black

2. White

3. Purple.

cartel market in game has kinda made white's a bit more common, or at least did for a short while, now no one picks the packs they 're in, they've gone all rare again, afterall, you can get purples in game but whites ony via cartel, which should have only been allowed for a minimum tome only.

Also anyone notice the Jedi Order Guaridans in the jedi coouncil trial:? who later join Anakin in the last dual?, .. kinda dressed like Jedi Consular Shadows with that faceless mask on, alll in a whitish grey rope with their dual lightsabers? they looked sooooo cool. When they do thinkgs like that in the series and the films, it makes you just wanna pick up the game and play. I felt like levelling a shadow from 11 to 50 and kitting myself like that.. well almost :) it was awesome !! They really looked cool

Edited by Macetheace

is it just me, but have you noticed that some clone wars stories are just soooo much better than others. It's kinda actually annoying,

The Wrong Jedi: Season 5, Ep 20, - Ends what is in my opinion a very well written clone wars story, one of the best if not the best so far of the series, but preceded by a few really poor ones. Some of them it seems as if a child wrote them, and others, you can sense a much more skilled writer at work. or may be it's just me.

Anyone notice the white lightsaber the youngline had in that episode? I wonder what the official story behind that is? I thought they were the rarest of crystals in the star wars universe, of which ithink when we eventually see a black crystal the rarity order would be:

1. Black

2. White

3. Purple.

cartel market in game has kinda made white's a bit more common, or at least did for a short while, now no one picks the packs they 're in, they've gone all rare again, afterall, you can get purples in game but whites ony via cartel, which should have only been allowed for a minimum tome only.

Also anyone notice the Jedi Guaridans, .. kinda dressed like Jedi Consulars? they looked sooooo cool. When they do thinkgs like that in the series and the films, it makes you just wanna pick up the game and play. I felt like levelling a shadow from 1 to 50 and kitting myself like that.. well almost :) it was awesome !! They really looked cool

actually the jedi master had the white lightsaber kinda weird tho he was the same master the helped ashoka find her lightsaber in a old episode and it was blue then forgot his name

You went a little off topic towards the end didn't you. :rolleyes:

But I would agree, I call this Season the best of all the Seasons but when I say that I'm really subtracting the younglings and droid arcs from it. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good elements to them, but they were so unnecessarily long! I mean do you really need 4 episodes of the adventures of R2-D2 and his band of merry droids? Or should I say 'adventure' as it revolved around the same concept. The Younglings arc was a bit better in this respect as it transitioned from one story to another, but even so they could have been significantly shortened.

The thing about this that gets me the most about this is that the following Maul arc was too rushed! It was awesome but just too fast, really less time should have been given to the droid and youngling arcs and more to this one, because it really needed it.

Anyway the Maul, Onderon and Ashoka arcs were by far the best this series has ever seen, and it's given me very high hopes for Season 6 - if it can trump this, then hell, call of the sequels and make some Clone Wars films! :D

Its why Ive never really been a fan of the series.

Rarely I watch specific arcs that seem to be worth while, like this latest Ahsoka one. I ignore virtually everything in the series except those rare stories that don't make a complete mockery of the franchise.

I'm still mostly in the camp that only the comics and books count and everything in the cartoon is alternate universe, (eg Maul is dead, nothing he's involved in during the clone wars really happened) but I'm starting to feel this Ahsoka arc might deserve to be considered canon, which is a bigger deal then usual since until now I havent really considered her entire character to be canon but now she's finally starting to feel like she has a place in the saga without leaving Ep.3 with a gaping plot hole. On the other hand I saw part of the droid arc and just lol'd and turned off my tv. I will never consider any of that childish nonsense to be canon in my vision of the lore.

Edited by Doctoglethorpe

Rarely I watch specific arcs that seem to be worth while, like this latest Ahsoka one. I ignore virtually everything in the series except those rare stories that don't make a complete mockery of the franchise.

I'm still mostly in the camp that only the comics and books count and everything in the cartoon is alternate universe, (eg Maul is dead, nothing he's involved in during the clone wars really happened) but I'm starting to feel this Ahsoka arc might deserve to be considered canon, which is a bigger deal then usual since until now I havent really considered her entire character to be canon but now she's finally starting to feel like she has a place in the saga without leaving Ep.3 with a gaping plot hole. On the other hand I saw part of the droid arc and just lol'd and turned off my tv. I will never consider any of that childish nonsense to be canon in my vision of the lore.

/sigh.

You're right, I will never consider any such childish nonsense to be "canon" in my version of the lore. That's why I refuse to acknowledge episode 1 for Jar Jar Binks, or episode 6 for Ewoks. And These 2 comical droids in all the movies? No, My version of Star Wars is just the youtube clips of the lightsaber battles. Everything else i refuse to acknowledge.

Edited by Omnitheo

You're right, I will never consider any such childish nonsense to be "canon" in my version of the lore. That's why I refuse to acknowledge episode 1 for Jar Jar Binks, or episode 6 for Jawas. And These 2 comical droids in all the movies? No, My version of Star Wars is just the youtube clips of the lightsaber battles. Everything else i refuse to acknowledge.

Jawas in episode 6? Or did you mean Ewoks? That would be my guess.

You're right, I will never consider any such childish nonsense to be "canon" in my version of the lore. That's why I refuse to acknowledge episode 1 for Jar Jar Binks, or episode 6 for Ewoks. And These 2 comical droids in all the movies? No, My version of Star Wars is just the youtube clips of the lightsaber battles. Everything else i refuse to acknowledge.
Your version of Star Wars is not Star Wars, your just another one of those people who think the franchise is made for them and have a tantrum when it doesn't turn out how they like it. /sigh.

Your version of Star Wars is not Star Wars, your just another one of those people who think the franchise is made for them and have a tantrum when it doesn't turn out how they like it. /sigh.

Sarcasm is lost on you.

Luckily, when it comes to fiction, we are allowed to do such things.

Or you can just be a dick. Luckily, on the internet, we are allowed to do such things.

Sorry that I don't like a show you do. Lock me up, lore cop.

You went a little off topic towards the end didn't you. :rolleyes:

But I would agree, I call this Season the best of all the Seasons but when I say that I'm really subtracting the younglings and droid arcs from it. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good elements to them, but they were so unnecessarily long! I mean do you really need 4 episodes of the adventures of R2-D2 and his band of merry droids? Or should I say 'adventure' as it revolved around the same concept. The Younglings arc was a bit better in this respect as it transitioned from one story to another, but even so they could have been significantly shortened.

The thing about this that gets me the most about this is that the following Maul arc was too rushed! It was awesome but just too fast, really less time should have been given to the droid and youngling arcs and more to this one, because it really needed it.

Anyway the Maul, Onderon and Ashoka arcs were by far the best this series has ever seen, and it's given me very high hopes for Season 6 - if it can trump this, then hell, call of the sequels and make some Clone Wars films! :D

I'm surprised you took at the younglings arc. On various Star Wars fan communities that I've visited, it was enjoyed quite a lot. And why not? It had Hondo Ohnaka, Gunji, and the subplot that started in Season 1 about Dooku getting his revenge on Hondo for holding him ransom was resolved. I think it's one of the best arcs this series has produced.

Luckily, when it comes to fiction, we are allowed to do such things.

Or you can just be a dick. Luckily, on the internet, we are allowed to do such things.

Sorry that I don't like a show you do. Lock me up, lore cop.

My point was that it's silly to complain about Clone Wars having childish elements and disregard it because of them, when Star Wars has always had those elements to begin with.

Edited by Omnitheo

I'm surprised you took at the younglings arc. On various Star Wars fan communities that I've visited, it was enjoyed quite a lot. And why not? It had Hondo Ohnaka, Gunji, and the subplot that started in Season 1 about Dooku getting his revenge on Hondo for holding him ransom was resolved. I think it's one of the best arcs this series has produced.
Like I said, the Younglings arc has a lot of positives, but I still believe it could have been shortened. I'm not saying these arcs are poor quality, but I think they were stretched to the extent that they lost some of that quality. I mean in past seasons we've had these sort of things done in 3 if not 2 episodes, 4 just seemed a bit excessive. I think the Season could have benefited from having those arcs shortened and others lengthened or possible 1 episode shorts introduced e.g. a little more appearances from Grievous.

Nonetheless this is more focused on the Droid arc than the Youngling arc which I did for the most part enjoy (although not a big fan of Hondo, I was hoping Grievous would gut him :p)

EDIT: In hindsight, perhaps I was originally a little harsh on those arcs.

Edited by Beniboybling

Yes, droid episodes are filler garbage aimed at kids way too young for the rest of the series. Otherwise the episodes are pretty standard in terms of opening and closing episodes > middle episodes both in a season and within a series.
I disagree, I think some of the best episodes in this series where 'The Lawless' and 'The Jedi Who Knew Too Much' - but that depends on what you define as 'middle episodes'.

I think it depends on what you prefer. Sure some arcs are kind of lame, but can be enjoyable for others. Entertainment is subjective, like always.

Personally I prefer the Malevolence arc (Plo Koon FTW!), the Cad Bane stories, and the episodes that feature Maul (the battle with Sidious was truly epic, but Maul never had a chance :jawa_evil:)

Again, though, entertainment is subjective. So a gulf in quality to you may not exist for someone else. But yes, I know what you mean. The droid arc and youngling arc were not the best.

My point was that it's silly to complain about Clone Wars having childish elements and disregard it because of them, when Star Wars has always had those elements to begin with.

Your opinion.

I don't think the Ewoks in Ep6 were nearly as bad as some of the stuff in CW. Jar Jar either. He's just more of a actual retard then something too unrealistically childish to exist like the extent of droid personalities in CW. Most droids, according to previously established lore, are not supposed to be that... sentient. C3-PO is supposed to actually be the exception, not the rule, based on Anakins own mechanical genius and stacking upgrades to make him more life-like then most droids. But in CW all droids, even the basic battle droids, were given fully sentient personalities, emotions and everything, for the sake of making children happier. No thanks. I lot of the other content I prefer not to believe happened in CW just revolves around poor writing and getting into my main point...

The biggest difference in what I'm doing with CW is that I'm not really even just pretending major events didn't happen because I don't like them. I'm picking C-Cannon over T-Cannon when they conflict and one is better then the other. I will never disregard G-Cannon, aka the events of movies (except I fill in the gaping holes in Ep3 with the content of the novelization) G-Canon is the only truly absolute canon, everything else is basically optional to an extent. I absorb as much of it as I can but if something is dumb enough or too conflicting, I disregard it. Thus, I disregard a majority of CW because its both poorly written and it completely conflicts with the comic series and several major novels. Its an easy pick for me which to perceive as my personal... R-Canon. Thats Robert Canon, cause thats my name. Get it? You can do the same thing.

Most of CW actually re-writes what was already established by the comics and novels that came before it. If I like the comic and novel events far better then the cartoon, well frankly George can go lick a pole if he disagrees, after the NT I don't really care what he wants anymore Star Wars is better off in the hands of people like James Luceno and John Ostrander who wrote much of the important C-Cannon of the events of the clone wars the cartoon has currently swept over and disregarded like never happened. I'm picking what I prefer. And what actually came first. If thats wrong then disney land can sue me hahaha.

Pretty much.

I find it hilarious people saying sw is childish sometimes... lol helllooo?! its the nature of star wars it always have been since the begining.

Most droids, according to previously established lore, are not supposed to be that... sentient. C3-PO is supposed to actually be the exception, not the rule,

Your preception not the truth. one only realy need to look at the movies. Hum probably all of them. Most droids apear to be lively full of life. And with personality.

The clone wars is as close as G canon can be, with the evolvement of George lucas it self. I wonder why people think disney has anything to do with it when they only bought the franchise not long ago.

And had no evolvement in this show what so ever.

Edited by Spartanik

Pretty much.

Your preception not the truth. one only realy need to look at the movies. Hum probably all of them. Most droids apear to be lively full of life. And with personality.

The clone wars is as close as G canon can be, with the evolvement of George lucas it self. I wonder why people think disney has anything to do with it when they only bought the franchise not long ago.

And had no evolvement in this show what so ever.

The droids in the movies, except the primary duo, were never that lively. The closest the movies ever got to the extent the CW has was the droid that got its head misplaced with C3PO in the factory scene of AofC. But even then it was basically just acting confused, not emotional like the droids in the cartoon do.

Also what the heck was that stuff about Disney about? I never said they were involved. Unless your taking my disney land lawsuit comment way too seriously. Which if you are, lol.

Also CW is T-Canon. Its lies between G and C officially but I still consider it equal to G-Canon.

Arguing what happened and what didn't in a fictional work as varying (and conflicting) as SW is just downright silly though.

Edited by Doctoglethorpe

I disagree, I think some of the best episodes in this series where 'The Lawless' and 'The Jedi Who Knew Too Much' - but that depends on what you define as 'middle episodes'.

My problem with middle episodes is that I always figure out where the arc is going way too early. Yes, I'm an adult and not the target market, but it is a bit too obvious. For instance, Barris was the only other jedi shown outside of the council so come on it had to be her. And then in the next to last episode it was nearly confirmed just by the shape of the mystery assailant.

Same with the "sister" comment in mandalorian arc of course leading to the only other female character being her sister.

Edited by annabethchase