Field Medic Set bonus

PumaI

Why has the operative set bonus increasing Recuperative Nanotech by 15% been replaced with a 10% increase to shield probe in a class that to be honest, Is fine survivability wise. Both other healing classes get reduced cool downs or a bonus hot, yet operatives get a slight increase to shield probe. The extra five energy 4 piece I'm not too crazy about either, but at least It poses more use for a healer than the new two piece one. I would appreciate it if you could at least look into changing it back.

I think this is a pretty reasonable complaint. I mean, to be honest, survivability has always been a strength of this class - not a weakness. If anything, the people who have called operative healers too strong have been concerned with their survivability, not the strength of their AoE. At the same time, they have - especially after the buff to mercenaries/commandos - the weakest of the AoEs.

Overall, I'm not sure this change makes sense unless its intended to compensate for added damage from buffs to other classes.

• 4 months later...

fix - make set bonus a seperate mod type just like dye modules.

still obtained in exactly the same way, but now you can pick and choose the bonuses you find most useful without sacrificing hard stats whether in pvp or pve gear.

the pve 4 piece bonus is pretty much useless... 5 energy isnt going to make a difference to a class that doesnt have energy issues

Edited by WobblyBits_X

The problem is you can't get the PvE set bonus and also have expertise.

But it really doesn't matter. From what I hear, the expertise loss translates to a whopping 1% decrease. This is compensated for by the increased cunning from the PvE mods. On top of that, the 15% buff to the AoE also easily makes this an easy choice.

2cents

But it really doesn't matter. From what I hear, the expertise loss translates to a whopping 1% decrease. This is compensated for by the increased cunning from the PvE mods. On top of that, the 15% buff to the AoE also easily makes this an easy choice.

2cents

Can't really blame the necro, as there's not a ton of info regarding this. I recently got the PvE 2 piece for 15% more on kolto cloud which puts me at 1936 expertise bolstered. Outside of war zones it's garbage (1600) but meh, what really goes on outside of WZs in this game anyway.

The only thing I'm jelly of are pre 2.0 scouparative healers who have 30% bonus on kolto cloud :-(

the different 15% bonuses dont stack...

No, but there was a time where you could stack them due to the new arkanian sets and the old rakata sets not overlapping their different bonuses. It got fixed within a week or two, but for awhile some classes were able to stack their already very good 2 piece bonus.

• 2 weeks later...
combine your 69/72 armorings with 61/63 mods/enh and your fine expertise wise, im at 1984 expertise with 2x +15% aoe heal increase...

nope, you only have a single +15% to the aoe hael - they do not stack.

that was patched out not too long after 2.0 was released.

so what you have is 2 piece set bonus and trading the 10% increase to shield probe for less expertise (cause thats totally a good idea).

I am at 1987 expertise because my 69 armourings and 61 armourings are combined with 58's 61's and 66's mod's and enhancements without expertise. And it does stack look at the number on your KOLTO cloud as you press it. It will fluctuate up and down betwen 7k-9k and if you dont have 30% your looking at 5k. Your welcome

fix - make set bonus a seperate mod type just like dye modules.

still obtained in exactly the same way, but now you can pick and choose the bonuses you find most useful without sacrificing hard stats whether in pvp or pve gear.

the pve 4 piece bonus is pretty much useless... 5 energy isnt going to make a difference to a class that doesnt have energy issues

This should be done for all class set bonuses.