Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PVP Premades!!!!

saremun

this is how the vast majority of my "premade" groups come about.

Me: "anyone want to do pvp?"

Guildie: "I'll go"

Guildie #2: "I'll go to"

So we group up. No more, no less. Very rarely do we have an ideal match. Most of the time we never even have a healer. We are simply grouping up to play together. Yet because we have the audacity to want to play with our friends or guildmates, we are suddenly the bad people who only want to make life miserable for those who solo queue? That is absurd.

Now, I will grant you, there ARE guilds (on my server to) who do go with 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 solid DPS, we the express purpose of winning. How is wanting to win a bad thing? It isn't. Sounds to me like too many people expect the easy win, solo queuers included. You want to win just as much as people who group up do. No one ENJOYS loosing. That's why we group to REDUCE the chance of loosing.

The other night I solo queued for a good 7-8 matches. I went against pugs and premades, won and lost to both. I grouped up with a couple guildmates, and in the 5 matches we did, we got STOMPED by PUGS. The point is.. it doesn't matter how you queue up, you can win or loose regardless. And you take those wins and losses in stride and keep going.

And I do remember getting stomped hard when I started doing pvp at level 50 vs peopel who were much better geared and coordinated than me. I didn't go crying when I lost, I learned from every loss, applied it, improved myself, geared up, and got better.

People should not be punished in PvP because they want to group with their friends.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is how the vast majority of my "premade" groups come about.

Me: "anyone want to do pvp?"

Guildie: "I'll go"

Guildie #2: "I'll go to"

So we group up. No more, no less. Very rarely do we have an ideal match. Most of the time we never even have a healer. We are simply grouping up to play together. Yet because we have the audacity to want to play with our friends or guildmates, we are suddenly the bad people who only want to make life miserable for those who solo queue? That is absurd.

Now, I will grant you, there ARE guilds (on my server to) who do go with 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 solid DPS, we the express purpose of winning. How is wanting to win a bad thing? It isn't. Sounds to me like too many people expect the easy win, solo queuers included. You want to win just as much as people who group up do. No one ENJOYS loosing. That's why we group to REDUCE the chance of loosing.

The other night I solo queued for a good 7-8 matches. I went against pugs and premades, won and lost to both. I grouped up with a couple guildmates, and in the 5 matches we did, we got STOMPED by PUGS. The point is.. it doesn't matter how you queue up, you can win or loose regardless. And you take those wins and losses in stride and keep going.

And I do remember getting stomped hard when I started doing pvp at level 50 vs peopel who were much better geared and coordinated than me. I didn't go crying when I lost, I learned from every loss, applied it, improved myself, geared up, and got better.

People should not be punished in PvP because they want to group with their friends.

LMAO So true.. didn't know I was a bad guy for wanting to pvp with other people. Half the time I really would just rather solo que, but if a guidie wants to group I'm not gonna be anti social, i'll even hop in vent.

I think the problem isn't people grouping but the fact the system doesn't organise PuG's like for example by sorting them by role or making sure there's enough tanks/healers in the group.

Something more like group finder is needed for PvP where people queue as tank/heal/dps and the wz only has a set number of spaces for each role. The only problem is that would make queue times longer and more complex however I think it would be better having than joining a random and not having a healer in the group.

I think the problem isn't people grouping but the fact the system doesn't organise PuG's like for example by sorting them by role or making sure there's enough tanks/healers in the group.

Something more like group finder is needed for PvP where people queue as tank/heal/dps and the wz only has a set number of spaces for each role. The only problem is that would make queue times longer and more complex however I think it would be better having than joining a random and not having a healer in the group.

This is something I would second. If it would work and the que would be as fast.

Pre-made means that they don't enter the queue as individuals, they form a group and then enter the queue as a group. Same concept as forming a group and queuing for a random FP in a group. You'll end up in a random FP, but you'll be with the group you were with before entering the queue.

In PvP, this means you form a team, often are on voice communication, and then enter the queue. So it's a "pre-made" team against a team of four random players that were put together.

Ahhh gotcha. Thank you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.