Parakeet reborn- 2.0 Plasma/Pyro parakeet

mrObtuse

I claim this build for the good of vang & PTs throughout the galaxy!

23/1/22 or 22/0/24!

Just for fun but hey who knows how it could be optimized and played with different gear options. Of course there is the issue of spending half your points for one ability & the linked surge/flame sweep free attack. But I will be trying this on test to see how it plays using the free attack(s) to bridge gap between high impact/rail resets

I claim this build for the good of vang & PTs throughout the galaxy!

23/1/22 or 22/0/24!

Just for fun but hey who knows how it could be optimized and played with different gear options. Of course there is the issue of spending half your points for one ability & the linked surge/flame sweep free attack. But I will be trying this on test to see how it plays using the free attack(s) to bridge gap between high impact/rail resets

Wasnt whole point of parakeet that you run tank cylinder. Afaik you still need cgc for ppa to proc.

you're correct it was a tanky style with a little more Firepower, at the expense of durability. this one can only be used for an alternate way of playing with the burn stance. personally I am choosing it in protest of the continuing lack of storm/jet charge retuned as a base skill that can stand up to force speed and force leap. non conforming is one of my specialities.

you're correct it was a tanky style with a little more Firepower, at the expense of durability. this one can only be used for an alternate way of playing with the burn stance. personally I am choosing it in protest of the continuing lack of storm/jet charge retuned as a base skill that can stand up to force speed and force leap. non conforming is one of my specialities.

you want to put some points in puncture so that you get more return from RS.

hence something like 21/3/22

perhaps, but I think the value of more buffed out flame sweep is the point of the initial build. if you want to buff out the rail shot there are fine full 36 or split ap and pyro setups to maximize it. I'm not going only 21 shield with this. less bursty, more sustain similar to how Ap/tactics with burn cell functions

and guys i tried this with full 23 shield and it's stupid fun. it feels how the burning PT should play.

at least for kicking out on makeb on at least one of my pt/vanguards I am going to start 23/0/18.

Resource usage is suddenly a lot more smooth because you can drop so much heat with 1 or 2 free sweeps. (non crit, around 1600 damage lands on every target with my flame sweep, which is on par though slightly less for each target than what i'd deal to one with a flame burst) advantage being its WAY more damage than doing a blaster shot and my heat is dropping while I clear time on the internal CD of the particle/ion accelerator to my next rocket punch.

the down sides will be more of a meta/min max conundrum, alacrity vs else, etc... once hitting the equipment levels later on in 55 elder. i do not care about min and max i just like to make a playstyle and try many till i know what i'm most effective with, wrecking all in my path

i wonder how long it will take them to kill this playstyle off like they did with the original parakeet

personally I am choosing it in protest of the continuing lack of storm/jet charge retuned as a base skill that can stand up to force speed and force leap. non conforming is one of my specialities.

You have Grapple as a base skill and have to spec into Charge.

Assassins have Force Speed base and have to spec into Force Pull.

Juggernauts have Charge base and can't spec into anything (in tank tree), but can spec into a second charge in Rage.

What's the problem here?

The problem here is: grapple sucks!

To solve this problem you would need to let grapple function more like it logically would vs targets that cannot be uprooted. Zip YOU to the target like blizz's grappling line. Then comes the problem of many cases we still would want to do that rather than pull something.

There is utility gained with the skill and it is simply at fairly large odds with the role many of us will take. I shouldn't have to explain that grapple is only extremely useful under PVE for tank and offtank duty. You can still contribute to that duty within your group regarding positioning enemies with your assistive grapple... but this is something ideally you would CHOOSE to have in your build if you like that option and have a team makeup that complements it.

This is not the only example case of the missed opportunity within advanced class system the game launched with to provide player choice at multiple levels of role, ability/utility set, and skill customization in the point trees. More choices, rather than just one tiered path of cookie cutter combos, would empower the player to create the playstyle they prefer with their favorite class and make each player more able to be unique.

My suggestion thread- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5894913#post5894913

Edited by mrObtuse