Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Always Underleveled

lordvoldy

Hi, I am leveling a vanguard trooper. I am currently lvl 38 and my class quest is 40. I really don't get it. I mean I don't do heroics or space missions. I do some pvp and don't really do flashpoints because im more of a solo leveler. But I do all the side quests and obviously story missions, and I have seen people basically do what I am doing and be 3-5 levels over there story. So now I find myself just grinding warzones until I am atleast a lvl above my story. It is very annoying. So am I doing something wrong? Please help. Edited by lordvoldy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a bit more information to know for sure:

1. Are you a subscriber? Subscribers level significantly faster than Free players

2. Do you do the bonus series for the planets you're on? Many planets have an optional bonus series, some which kick in as soon as you're done the main series, some that become available after you've left, once you've hit a certain level.

3. Do you do all of the optional objectives for your quests, or just power through the required objectives?

If you're F2P, I would recommend dropping the $5 necessary to get Preferred status (Just buy some Cartel coins, only gotta do it once), then buy some XP boosts off the GTN (I think they can be bought/sold there...)

It's almost impossible to be under-leveled if you're doing all the side quests as well.

I never really do heroics or flashpoints or anything and I frequently end up skipping the various bonus series quests just because I don't need them.

Two things that will help you:

1) Whenever you get near a quest location, kill something. It'll probably trigger an additional quest.

2) Get as much rest XP as you can by logging out in a cantina, on your ship, or at the fleet.

We need a bit more information to know for sure:

1. Are you a subscriber? Subscribers level significantly faster than Free players

2. Do you do the bonus series for the planets you're on? Many planets have an optional bonus series, some which kick in as soon as you're done the main series, some that become available after you've left, once you've hit a certain level.

3. Do you do all of the optional objectives for your quests, or just power through the required objectives?

If you're F2P, I would recommend dropping the $5 necessary to get Preferred status (Just buy some Cartel coins, only gotta do it once), then buy some XP boosts off the GTN (I think they can be bought/sold there...)

1. Yes, I mentioned above I was a sub

2. I have completed the tatooine bonus series and the balmorra bonus series? Are there others that I missed I am not sure.

3. Yes I do about 98% of the optional objectives I probably have not completed about 2 of them in the whole game lol.

That is exactly what I mean. But I have no idea what I could be missing honestly., and yes I am a sub.

There's only one thing left it could be, and that is the bonuses, and there's heaps of them on every planet, in fact, just about every mission. I always do every one of them, and if you do them all, it basically doubles the amount of XP you will receive on any planet.

There's only one thing left it could be, and that is the bonuses, and there's heaps of them on every planet, in fact, just about every mission. I always do every one of them, and if you do them all, it basically doubles the amount of XP you will receive on any planet.

Are you talking about the bonus series or just bonuses for each quest?

2. I have completed the tatooine bonus series and the balmorra bonus series? Are there others that I missed I am not sure.

There was one for Taris and another for Nar Shaddaa. That NS one is one easily missed if you don't know to go back there around 30-32. It might still give you some xp, but obviously not as much as if you did it back then. Another of those you could do soon is Alderaan. Minimum for that is 37, quests are 40+.

There was one for Taris and another for Nar Shaddaa. That NS one is one easily missed if you don't know to go back there around 30-32. It might still give you some xp, but obviously not as much as if you did it back then. Another of those you could do soon is Alderaan. Minimum for that is 37, quests are 40+.

Well there pretty useless to do now aside from the aldeeran one but I obviously can't do those ones yet.

Edited by lordvoldy

Everything that could be a problem to you being under leveled is covered in this thread already, unless there is a problem with your account, which you would need to take that up with Customer Support.

Well there has to be something I can do besides just re-roll just so i can go complete those 2 bonus series quest.

Well there has to be something I can do besides just re-roll just so i can go complete those 2 bonus series quest.

Use group finder and go do some flash points and heroics. Especially the flash points there is a ton of XP to be had there. Hell if the spirit moves you go to the starship upgrades vendor buy some level 3 upgrades and do some space missions, also a ton of XP to be had there as well.

Do you tend to skip most fights on the way to quest objectives or kill mobs to clear the way? There can be a big difference in exp here for example if you are on a stealth class and skipping alot of mobs.

Nah, like I said I am a vanguard. Sometimes I skip mobs on the way back to turn a quest in but nothing drastic.

Use group finder and go do some flash points and heroics. Especially the flash points there is a ton of XP to be had there. Hell if the spirit moves you go to the starship upgrades vendor buy some level 3 upgrades and do some space missions, also a ton of XP to be had there as well.

Yeah I did that but I am 2 levels behind my story quest for reasons I cannot figure out. I shouldn't really have to do heroics and flashpoints. I am a solo leveler + on my server just finding 1 person for a heroic takes like an hour and a half.

Nah, like I said I am a vanguard. Sometimes I skip mobs on the way back to turn a quest in but nothing drastic.

Really odd then, sorry I missed your class earlier. On all 4 of my 50s I have been well over level on every planet after the starter world. I dont do space missions or heroics, but I do enough PvP to keep my valor equal to my level. I usually skip 1/4 to 1/2 of the planet missions too and maybe do half the bonus quest chains.

You can be underleveled and do most of the side quests and bonus missions and even some bonus series. This happened to me but with another character it didn't. I think the main difference was I wasn't accumulating much rest XP and I wasn't using those +25% experience boosters (which didn't exist back then).

Really odd then, sorry I missed your class earlier. On all 4 of my 50s I have been well over level on every planet after the starter world. I dont do space missions or heroics, but I do enough PvP to keep my valor equal to my level. I usually skip 1/4 to 1/2 of the planet missions too and maybe do half the bonus quest chains.

Well my valor level is only like lvl 20 I believe but even if I got it up all the way to 38 I probably still wouldn't even be lvl 40. Pvp offers nice xp but nothing that great.

You can be underleveled and do most of the side quests and bonus missions and even some bonus series. This happened to me but with another character it didn't. I think the main difference was I wasn't accumulating much rest XP and I wasn't using those +25% experience boosters (which didn't exist back then).

I always log off in either the ship or the fleet. I sometimes use the xp boost.

This doesn't make sense to me, the OP's post doesn't make any sense either. I have leveled 16 characters to 50, 12 of them prior to the XP boosts becoming available, and it would be fair to say I have a good understanding of the leveling process.

Yes, rested helps, but only to the point of pushing you further ahead of the leveling curve, definitely not enough to swing you 2 levels behind by not utilizing it if you're doing all the activities the OP says he does.

This doesn't make sense to me, the OP's post doesn't make any sense either. I have leveled 16 characters to 50, 12 of them prior to the XP boosts becoming available, and it would be fair to say I have a good understanding of the leveling process.

Yes, rested helps, but only to the point of pushing you further ahead of the leveling curve, definitely not enough to swing you 2 levels behind by not utilizing it if you're doing all the activities the OP says he does.

Well its not like i would lie lol. What do YOU suggest I do then?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.