The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Best DPS Powertech build for running Ops?

ZionHalcyon

It is debatable. This is what I run: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/Powertech#c2i-92-32ik1ceif. I'd be Warstalker on this character as well if the tanks stopped dying when Kephess is sub 60%. I do need to drop some crit for power though.

But other people prefer 8/5/28, or 7/8/26, or 8/8/25. Pretty much nobody says go AP over Pyro for op's dps.

Yeah, that's the spec I use too, and it's much better than the burnout-less specs - the other PT in my guild used to run 8/8/25 until yesterday (the first time we had a proper chance to compare our DPS since our guilds recently merged) and I was way ahead of him in the DPS lists in every boss fight (didn't bother to check when doing trash) until he respecced to 8/5/28, and that instantly evened it out significantly - I was still beating him, but it was close.

We both have exactly the same base stats (220 crit, 300 accuraccy 300 surge) except for him using a exotech stim while I used a rakata, so I really think it was the extra 3% crit from PC that gave me the edge.

Tl;Dr: 7/6/28 FTW.