The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Value for my buck

Sam_Skyrunner

I'm sorry Bioware, but I will no longer be purchasing cartel packs. I just spent $40 on junk. I got all junk. I'll be lucky if I can even make 200k credits on it. $40 for 200k?! No, not anymore. I understand it's a gamble, but you guarantee a super rare in each pack. Now, my idea of super rare and your idea of super rare are entirely different I guess. As the systems is now, I'm just throwing my money away. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not against the Cartel Market by no means. I will still purchase items that I want from it, just no more cartel packs. This does mean less of my money goes to Bioware, but it is what it is. I'm just done "gambling" for junk. My suggestion, make every cartel pack worth what we pay for it. I mean, it's just pixel guys. Stop ripping us off.

You're not guaranteed an ultrarare.

My guess is you never bought any boosterpacks for any collectible trading card game? Cause it's the same principle. You get a guaranteed number of common, uncommon and rare items (rares sometimes replaced with ultrarares), but there's no guarantee how valuable those items will be. Not all rares are of equal value. So yes, one minute you can get all trash, and the next you're rolling in credits. If you can't handle that system, by all means, don't buy them. But that doesn't mean the system is inherently flawed.